Who played college football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who played college football?

It's football season so if you, your son, your dad or other close relative (not my cousin's uncle's brother) played, like, got on the field during a game. Then post'em up. Not looking for stories like:

I was recruited. (You weren't recruited because you got letters in the mail.)
    I was a stud but blew my knee.
    I played semipro (No such thing. That's a pickup game on Saturday for guys that can't get past their HS glory days).

Burnadell, I know they didn't have cameras back them....and the leather helmets you wore explains a lot.

Here are my 3 generations.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hsupic.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	25190845

Dad and uncle are in this pic of the goal line stand to win the conference championship at Henderson State University.

Name:	asuvsatm.jpg
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	25190846
    Me at Arkansas State University VS TX A&M. I'm the FS #9 in the pic and that's Roger Vick (Jets) and Rod Bernstein (Chargers) in the A&M backfield. They beat us pretty good but I had a pick against Kevin Murray until my DB hands betrayed me. BTW Murray shattered his leg against us the following year and it took a called back TD for them to beat us 22-21.

Name:	smuvstech.jpeg
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	25190847
    That's my son Ty, FS #41 SMU at second ranked Tx Tech. He dropped a pic in front of Crabtree (unfortunately he got my hands) but he did have 11 tackles, 1 caused fumble and 2 PBU's.

I went to high school with Shannon Woods (#2 in the Tech pic), and played laser tag in Lubbock with Graham Harrell if that helps

Comment

The closest I came was Charlie Jones (not a relelative) from Lemoore High School. He was a senior when I was a freshman. He wound up going to Fresno State and setting alot of receiving records. Drafted by the San Diego Chargers. Played a few years.

Comment

I could have been really good, but coach wouldn't let me play.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

My great uncle played for the Marine Corps... he also blew out his knee.

Comment

I slept with a lot of cheerleaders. Yes, they were female.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
              I slept with a lot of cheerleaders. Yes, they were female.
              This^^^ even some professional ones should’ve run when i had the chance but blew my wa.... knee

Comment

I did. So did my dad. TCU.

Comment

Mongo wins.

Close thread.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Do spring games count? All it took was 1 and I decided to stop wasting everyone's time.

Comment

I played Assback every time I ran out on the field my coach yelled Kelley get your assback over here .

Comment

My dad played tightend for Lou Holtz back when Arkansas was worth a flip.

Comment

Your cousins uncles brother could be your dad

Comment

I had a Mr Simmons come see me one day that for sure somebody was going call and pay for that Mercedes he had his eye on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                              I played Assback every time I ran out on the field my coach yelled Kelley get your assback over here .
                              I’m rolling over here!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X