Photoshop question for the experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoshop question for the experts

Ok, the kiddo took a course in college and got to work with Photoshop.

She wants to get a copy for her own use.

Is Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 the right version to buy?

I don't know which one you'd need, but just in case you didn't know, most big software companies give huge discounts to college students, so once you know what you want, have her check with her school and see if she can get a discount.

Comment

I think the monthly subscription for PS is 10 dollars a month.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
        I don't know which one you'd need, but just in case you didn't know, most big software companies give huge discounts to college students, so once you know what you want, have her check with her school and see if she can get a discount.
        This is true, some even give it for free.

Comment

Photoshop

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
          This is true, some even give it for free.
          Adobe.com has full blown photoshop and Lightroom for $10 a month well worth it

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
            I think the monthly subscription for PS is 10 dollars a month.
            I guess I should have stated up front. She doesn't want the subscription service version.

Can't blame her. I'm not a big fan either.

What starts out now as $10 a month quickly turns into $100 month.

Comment

Unfortunately they only offer the subscription service for the new software. The last version of Photoshop you could buy with a single pay license was Photoshop CS5. You can still find versions of CS5 out there, but they are REALLY proud of them.

As an alternative open source (free) software I'd recommend GIMP 2.0. Almost all of the same capabilities of Photoshop with a huge following, so there are multiple tutorials online for anything you might try to do.

Comment

My wife has had the monthly subscription for around three years. Started at $10 and is still $10/month.

Comment

Working...
                X