Outfitter will not return our deposit on a hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
    Depends on what was agreed upon. Deposits are usually not refundable no matter how far out you cancel. My guess without looking at any actual contract is that the 60 day cancellation policy is for the remainder of the payment, not the deposit.

I’d say ask if he’ll raincheck you for next year. If he aint playing ball you may be out of luck.

My wife and I booked a hiking trip once and put down the deposit. Wife got pregnant so we contacted them. They gave us one year for a raincheck. Next year my wife was pregnant so we forfeited the deposit.
    Y'all need to get out of the house more. Pick up a hobby like hiking.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      Not a lawyer...didnt stay in a holiday express, ...and really wasnt payin much attention when matlock was on the air...
      I wasnt aware a witness...could be forced to testify...especially if that witness has a conflict in his schedule... i would think the prosecutor would do everything in his power to work with someone that is beneficial to him winning his case...
      seems forcing someone that could just as easily say..i dont remember...wouldnt be in his case's best interest... not that you would do that... just sayin..
      sure he can refuse to testify,,, might be held in contempt of court too,, and locked up until he decides he will,,,, no bail on contempt charge!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
        I sued a taxidermist one time and the JP here heard the case as we were setting up the transaction through e-mails.
        That's even better if he can be sued in the county the plaintiff lives.

Comment

Whether you fight it or accept it you will have to eat it!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
            I had one trip to the man doctor and a weekend on the couch and now we’ll be able to take that trip in about 15 years
            Lol

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
              The defense has exhausted their appeal for continuance
              My witness summons is compelled by law
              I had a similar situation years ago, I asked my attorney what would happen if I ignored a federal subpoena......his answer " I wouldn't advise it".

Comment

Originally posted by Monark View Post
                Y'all need to get out of the house more. Pick up a hobby like hiking.
                Lmao!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Over 3,100 views of this thread, so far. I'm sure many would be interested to know who this fellow is and how he operates. Knowing this, the outfitter might be encouraged to do the right thing.

Comment

Well he returned a text , stating he would return the money if I have a death in the family
                    My reply was “ he just needs to do the honorable thing given the time frame “

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                      sure he can refuse to testify,,, might be held in contempt of court too,, and locked up until he decides he will,,,, no bail on contempt charge!
                      I'd get in touch with them as soon as I got back from my speed boat hunt. Sorry, I forgot. Just tell them you're an aspiring left-leaning FBI agent......you can pretty much do as you please.

Comment

60 day notice, we gave him 4 months
                        Is this this in writing?

Did you document in writing via certified mail the cancellation?

Never mind, Burnadell covered everything I had to add in post #21.

Guess it just up to you what 3G’s is to you.
                        Last edited by Greenheadless; 08-19-2018, 07:41 PM.

Comment

60 day notice, we gave him 4 months
                          Then he has to return it according to his guidelines.

Explain to him the bad pub he would receive if he broke his own guidelines and kept the deposit and that TBH has a far reaching arm and that we would make him famous among the hunting community.
                          Last edited by lovemylegacy; 08-19-2018, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Just use the deposit for next yearly find a replacement. He isn’t going to refund you your money.

Comment

So do we get to know who this outfitter is?

Comment

Man......3k is an unlucky number on tbh lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X