Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why You Give in to Sexual Sin

Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have broken rejoice. . . . Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. (Psalm 51:8, 12)

Why isn’t David crying out for sexual restraint? Why isn’t he praying for men to hold him accountable? Why isn’t he praying for protected eyes and sex-free thoughts? In this psalm of confession and repentance after essentially raping Bathsheba, you would expect David to ask for something like that.

The reason is that he knows that sexual sin is a symptom, not the disease.

People give way to sexual sin because they don’t have fullness of joy and gladness in Christ. Their spirits are not steadfast and firm and established. They waver. They are enticed, and they give way because God does not have the supreme place in their feelings and thoughts that he should.

David knew this about himself. It’s true about us too. David is showing us, by the way he prays, what the real need is for those who sin sexually: God! Joy in God.

This is profound wisdom for us.
    Solid Joy Ministries

Very good

Comment

good

Comment

Truth! Thank you sir!

Comment

Good strong solid words

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post

Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have broken rejoice. . . . Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. (Psalm 51:8, 12)

Why isn’t David crying out for sexual restraint? Why isn’t he praying for men to hold him accountable? Why isn’t he praying for protected eyes and sex-free thoughts? In this psalm of confession and repentance after essentially raping Bathsheba, you would expect David to ask for something like that.

People give way to sexual sin because they don’t have fullness of joy and gladness in Christ. Their spirits are not steadfast and firm and established. They waver. They are enticed, and they give way because God does not have the supreme place in their feelings and thoughts that he should.

David knew this about himself. It’s true about us too. David is showing us, by the way he prays, what the real need is for those who sin sexually: God! Joy in God.

This is profound wisdom for us.
            Solid Joy Ministries

I have pondered the irony of so many (hundreds, thousands?) of clergy/priests who have preyed on young children for years. They are the ones who are supposed to lead us to Christ, yet they are, in my mind, not just sinners. Those who are supposed to pray for children, yet instead prey on them...are simply evil in my books.

Comment

You nailed it Burnie. Thx for posting Bro. Bill. Profound indeed.

Comment

I pray for fullness of joy and gladness in Christ for myself, like many men, this area has always been my biggest weakness.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  I have pondered the irony of so many (hundreds, thousands?) of clergy/priests who have preyed on young children for years. They are the ones who are supposed to lead us to Christ, yet they are, in my mind, not just sinners. Those who are supposed to pray for children, yet instead prey on them...are simply evil in my books.
                  Agreed, I will say no more because I do not want to get banned.
                  Although want I want to type is pretty funny to me.

Comment

Amen one of the most fitting for many of us on many different levels, including me! Thanks BB

Comment

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
                        In this psalm of confession and repentance after essentially raping Bathsheba

I would think that a raped woman would have a problem with this? God condones this?
                        Please forgive my ignorance Bro bill, I am trying to make sense of this.

Comment

Thanks for the word Brother

Comment

My wife will be home in a few minutes and I am planning on doing some sinning.
                            We are not trying for another child?
                            Bro bill, should I not?
                            Should I just go to sleep???
                            This post seriously confuses me.

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                              My wife will be home in a few minutes and I am planning on doing some sinning.
                              We are not trying for another child?
                              Bro bill, should I not?
                              Should I just go to sleep???
                              This post seriously confuses me.
                              You and your wife are to be free with each other ..
                              I don’t know what’s confusing you..
                              Jesus said if you look at another lustfully your guilty..

Comment

Working...
                              X