Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can not having a thick enough archer glove affect your shooting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not having a thick enough archer glove affect your shooting??

I was shooting the lobngbow from stickshooter yesterday and could not get consitance to save my life i was just wondering if this could be because my glove is to thin for a hunting weight bow or what becasue it hurts about as bad tyo shoot with nothing on my fingers as it does to shoot with my glove on. with the recurve though i just zip'em in the same spot every time and it is 45#s and i can draw the longbow easy and fine What can i Do HELP ME

I don't think you can blame it on the glove. Long bows are just harder to shoot well. Man up and keep shooting, your fingers will tuffen up and quit hurting.

Comment

I like to shoot bare fingers, I found out that I can not shoot a longbow the same way I shoot my recurve it may be in your grip

Comment

ok thanks guys thats what i thought as well and mitch i just may try that

Comment

We at, American Leathers make all of our gloves and archery products by hand with high-quality leather! Shop today!

Get you a Big Shot...

Comment

You also need to consider the thickness of the string as it maybe why it hurts more than your recurve especially if you were using the same glove. A 16 strand string can feel quite a bit better than just 14 strand. The longbow being longer has less finger pinch and should be easier on the fingers not worse. All else being considered.
            Just my two cents.

Comment

What glove are you using?

I use a damascus and wolverine. The damascus is real thin unlike the wolverine. I can shoot both equally.

Basically, what Buff said.

Comment

Daniel,it depends on how much you shoot and what poundage you are shooting.I used to shoot the soft deerskin glove and still do with my 50 lbs. and under bows,but I shoot alot of 3D shoots and usually enter 3 to 5 classes.At the shoot in Chester by the second day of the shoot I swore blood was going to be coming out of the glove.
                I have since bought a Super Glove with the horse leather tips,and it seems to be what I was looking for when shooting the heavier weight bows.
                Don't miss understand ,like Buff says you will have to tuffen up your fingers.But when shooting around 60 lbs and shooting hundreds of shots a week,I like a little more between the string and my fingertips than thin deerskin.

Comment

ok guys losthawg i shoot a little cheep Allan archer glove

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                    www.americanleathers.com

Get you a Big Shot...

Comment

You comment about it hurting to shoot the longbow tells me that your Allan glove is not protecting your fingers enough. Add to that the possibility that the string is not as thick. That would amplify the pinch to the skin. Yes, some folks can shoot with bare fingers, but that does not mean that everyone can. We're all made differently. And some folks have worked their fingers up with calluses from their jobs or hobbies. Just the way it is. Get yourself a new glove and see how that feels. A good glove can really help you with release too. If the string slides off consistantly everytime, it may help your shooting more than you think!

PSE makes a nice one too. Thick, but not too thick. I'd like to get myself one of those American Leathers Big Shot moose mamajamas!

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Raz View Post
                        You comment about it hurting to shoot the longbow tells me that your Allan glove is not protecting your fingers enough. Add to that the possibility that the string is not as thick. That would amplify the pinch to the skin. Yes, some folks can shoot with bare fingers, but that does not mean that everyone can. We're all made differently. And some folks have worked their fingers up with calluses from their jobs or hobbies. Just the way it is. Get yourself a new glove and see how that feels. A good glove can really help you with release too. If the string slides off consistantly everytime, it may help your shooting more than you think!

PSE makes a nice one too. Thick, but not too thick. I'd like to get myself one of those American Leathers Big Shot moose mamajamas!
                        I've had the Elkhide one for a few years now. I wanna get the new Buffalo one...

Comment

ok not to hijack the thread but Big shot or super glove!

Comment

Big Shot Buffalo ...

Comment

I know a guy that uses Wells Lamont gloves.

Comment

Working...
                              X