Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for a new zero turn (need opinions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went and looked at john deere z920m today and snapper pro 125 and 200. Snapper dealer also sold ferris. Turns out the ferris mower i looked at yesterday must have been put together wrong. I think the handles were mounted on the inside vs the outside of the controls. As it stands, i think i will go with the john deere. I want the z930m but dealer says it will be the end of may before he can get it. So now i either go with z920m (23.5hp) that is available now or order the z930m (25.5hp) and wait till the end of may for it. Both these mowers have 54” decks.

Comment

Originally posted by Krk77486 View Post
      Went and looked at john deere z920m today and snapper pro 125 and 200. Snapper dealer also sold ferris. Turns out the ferris mower i looked at yesterday must have been put together wrong. I think the handles were mounted on the inside vs the outside of the controls. As it stands, i think i will go with the john deere. I want the z930m but dealer says it will be the end of may before he can get it. So now i either go with z920m (23.5hp) that is available now or order the z930m (25.5hp) and wait till the end of may for it. Both these mowers have 54” decks.
      Whats the price difference? I dont think you'll notice the 2hp. Are the hydros different?

Comment

$500 diff in the 2. Hydros as well as everything else the same.

Comment

Well after 12 years of running my John deere , the motor finally gave out. With the cost to replace the engine around 2-2500, and 0% interest on new mowers, i have decided to buy a new one. I am looking fo first hand experience you have hade with some of the majors. Here is what i am looking at in the order i like them.

1. Skag tiger cat II
          2. Skag cheetah
          3. Gravely pro turn 252
          4. Gravely pro turn 152
          5 exmark lazer e
          6. Snapper pro 125
          7. Kubota 7xx not sure the model right now.

Or any other comparable mower you have had good experience with. Not looking at JD due to their interest rates.

Thanks.
          I presently have the Skag TigerCat and it is an excellent machine. In the past I have owned Encore and they are good also. I will tell you this, you will not go wrong with any of the mowers listed, except maybe the Snapper. A commercial grade mower, which is what you have listed, are gonna be very dependable and will cut more grass than a herd of Wildebeest.

I have cut grass as a secondary business since 1999, so I speak from experience.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
            How did we get to point that we need $5000 -$10000lawn mowers to mow our yards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Usually, when a fella buys a commercial mower, which is that price range, he is either doing it for money, or has a butt load of mowing. If all I mowed was my yard I wouldn't have one...wait, yes I would.

Comment

I had to almost put my knees together or the control arms would rub on the sides of my legs. I just couldnt sit comfortably.
              I’m over 6.2 and have plenty of room on mine. Ferris is all I will ever own from here on out.
              Attached Files

Comment

I've got the Gravely Pro Turn 60 and couldn't be more pleased. Cut my mowing time my 1/3. Doesn't bog in high grass and maneuvers with ease.

Comment

$500 diff in the 2. Hydros as well as everything else the same.
                  Unless you are mowing some very tall and thick grass...Id save the money and get the 2hp less.

Comment

I have a 54” Sears Craftsman Zero Turn made by Snapper. I’ve had it three years and mow about 3.5 acres with many trees, been a good machine. The blades that come on them are not very good, I replaced with better blades. It has cut my mowing time in half.

Comment

Well after 12 years of running my John deere , the motor finally gave out. With the cost to replace the engine around 2-2500, and 0% interest on new mowers, i have decided to buy a new one. I am looking fo first hand experience you have hade with some of the majors. Here is what i am looking at in the order i like them.

1. Skag tiger cat II
                      2. Skag cheetah
                      3. Gravely pro turn 252
                      4. Gravely pro turn 152
                      5 exmark lazer e
                      6. Snapper pro 125
                      7. Kubota 7xx not sure the model right now.

Or any other comparable mower you have had good experience with. Not looking at JD due to their interest rates.

Thanks.
                      Hustler makes a dang good one.It's all I'll ever buy again..Kubota diesels are straight up bad mofo's,but expensive.You couldn't give me a gasser Kubota.Had one for a month,and got rid of it..I dunno why but all the exmark's I ever had beat me to death..
                      Never had a Scag,heard good things.I've nearly all of the others.
                      Hustler gets the nod.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

New mower was delivered yesterday! JD Z930M 54”
                        Attached Files

Comment

Just picked up my 61” Scag today with a 27 horse Kawasaki!! This thing flat out flys!

Comment

Anyone have any input on the bobcat zero turns. Great warranty 6years!

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                              Just picked up my 61” Scag today with a 27 horse Kawasaki!! This thing flat out flys!

What’s the price on these, if you don’t mind?

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                                What’s the price on these, if you don’t mind?

I paid around 9200 before tax! I buy lots of equipment from my guy though, if you’re around Houston send me a pm

Comment

Working...
                                X