No announcement yet.

To grow or not to grow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would shoot him. He may be smaller next year if he is still around. Hard winters and stress from the rut Kill lots of mature deer all of the time. Good luck.

Comment

Shoot!

Comment

If you have to ask, there's your answer. He's not quite ready, in your mind. So pass him, and hope to see again next year.

Comment

Shoot

Comment

Looks like a good call on your end if you hae the variables in your favor for him to make it next year.

Comment

Do you know if he survived?

tending the fire,
              Bob G.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bob G;15447501]Do you know if he survived?

tending the fire,

Bob G.[/

It was like beating them off with a stick to keep the guys from going after him but so far so good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I think he is 6. Another year or even two would be great. Hard to wait that long.

Comment

I would say he is 6. Use to hunt the hill country in bertram and oatmeal, back before my great grandparents sold their farm. Wish the place was still in the family. Great deer out there, now I just dream about hunting until I find a place lol.

Comment

needs another 2+ years, he'll be a toad.

Comment

if you hunt a 100 acre patch with 4 neighbors ... hell no ! shoot! if you don't they probably will .. not too many people i know would pass up on a deer like that ... now if you got 10k acres , that's a different story .... i've hunted too many times and let a deer go only to hear a few minutes later BANG ..

Comment

No harm in letting him go. Sometimes they will go down the next year. If he does give him another year or two. Old age and great range conditions for the year do good things to antlers.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            No harm in letting him go. Sometimes they will go down the next year. If he does give him another year or two. Old age and great range conditions for the year do good things to antlers.

I’m on the river (lots of forage for them) and plan to get my pens built to keep the cows out so I can start adding a little protein. I’m on 500 acres here. There’s a little hunting done around me but not too much. Hopefully he sticks around but if not that’s just the way God intended lol. I’ll be keeping an eye out for him this year for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                            X