Wireless Driveway Alarm For Pigs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Driveway Alarm For Pigs?

Has anyone ever used a wireless driveway alarm to know when pigs are at a feeder?

Motion detector at feeder and alarm box at camp?

Most have a 200 ft max distance for them to operate properly.

Thought about putting one at deer camp just for fun and corn an area about 175-200ft behind camp.

Your going to be up all night from other critters.

Comment

they are loud...I have wondered if they will work if you disconnect the beeper...but let the lights still work....

Comment

Yes sir. Works like a charm. What I found was the preset volume levels were too loud so I went to to radio shack and bought a potentiometer (aka volume knob ). Wired it in and turned out great.

Comment

I partnered mine with the 60 led motion and solared powered lights with red clear lay over the lense

Comment

That or place a pig pipe out with coke cams or a cow bell on it.

Comment

Old timer I hunt with has had one on his stand the last 10 years. Has an opening in the fence behind him where deer and hogs cross.

Comment

Originally posted by ted_kennedys_liver View Post
                Yes sir. Works like a charm. What I found was the preset volume levels were too loud so I went to to radio shack and bought a potentiometer (aka volume knob ). Wired it in and turned out great.
                just cut the speaker wire and it works great, I actually use face camo paint on the sensor so it blends in with the background, I put black tape over the red light, it has a range of 400ft and its battery operated, works like a charm, I thought I was the only person who did this

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                  That or place a pig pipe out with coke cams or a cow bell on it.
                  Very good idea!

Comment

I've used a high dollar baby monitor at the protein feeder by the house. Works pretty good. Problem is the wind. When it's high, I have to turn the monitor off due to the noise. When the deer come in, you can hardly hear them, just a little crunching. When the pigs come it, it's crazy sounding.

Comment

Been using em with my pig pipes for the last few years. Works well. The Chamberlain rand ones have 1/4 mi range if I remember right. I turn the volume down and just watch the light blink. Put the sensor high enough that coons dont trip it. I usually run a few pipes at a time and then sit on the 4 wheeler in the dark waiting for one to go off. Then stalk and shoot em. Love it.

Comment

At my Magnolia area lease the pigs circle around the entire area to sniff you out before they come in. I got busted so many times I developed/stole/adapted this process to combat it. It works. Well.

Comment

I use this one. Says 1/2mi range but through the woods I get about 1/4mi range. Sometimes I'll set pipes at several spots on the property ( 2200ac ) and just ride to within 1/4mi or so from them and wait a bit. Then go check the others etc. If you have smart, hard to hunt pigs in thick brush, this is the way to kill em.

Comment

Awesome I love all the ideas thanks guys

Comment

there's a member of this forum here that is on my lease... he has the coolest setup i've ever seen. as his camper, he has a wire running to a nearby small feeder he has set up. on it is a motion sensitive camera and light... when a pig comes in, it triggers the camera, which i believe he said turns on a tv in his camper. he can then sneak out the door, walk to where he can see the feeder setup, and pop el pigo.

coolest thing i've seen. says he's killed dozens of pigs with it at different leases.

Comment

Working...
                              X