My Muzzy Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Muzzy Moment

Went to the local watering hole last night to see if I could find some swine. No I wasn't at the bar looking for big girls . Had a couple of does and bucks just coming off the tank dam when I got there so I was going to wait till dark. Less than 30 seconds later a lone boar came up from the tank and over the dam. I quickly knocked an arrow and started trying to get in from of him. He went into a small patch of woods which allowed me to hurry across the field to a small cedar tree that I could use for cover. I knew there was a trail coming out of the woods and I figured he would take it into the neighbors property. This was going to give me about a 50 yard shot if I made it to the cedar tree. Well before I could get there he stepped out of the woods about 25 yds closer than I had planned on and saw me in the open field. I leaned to my right using the tree for a little cover and hooked my release. When I did he started walking at me with his hair bristled up and grunting. I drew and leaned back to my left ready for a charge. He stopped and stared me down head on for what seemed like forever. Then he turned and started to walk away quartering hard. I settled the pin and touched the trigger. The Muzzy entered just behind the back rib and exited just behind the off shoulder. He wheeled and went back into the woods and I herd what i thought was him crash but was pretty skeptical considering the shot. I gave him 30 minutes and walked up to the woods and sure enough there he was 25 yards from impact.
    Sorry about the bad pic but I didn't have much light. Oh by the way he weighed about 175.
    Attached Files

Kap!! Nice pig.

Comment

Very nice! What wt muzzy are you using? Congrats on the kill.

Comment

Nice. Congrats.

Comment

Sweet shot!

Comment

Congrats and keep up the good work!

Comment

Great shot!

Comment

Nice! Congrats!

Comment

Rite on bro!

Comment

very nice!!!!!!

KAP!!!

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by furboom View Post
                        Very nice! What wt muzzy are you using? Congrats on the kill.
                        It was the 100 grain.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Very Nice

Comment

Working...
                              X