Ram hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ram hunt

Z7_Matt and myself are looking for a ram hunt. We don't want to drive all over the world since he is in college station and I'm just south east of d Dallas. We want good size rams without paying a fortune since this would be our first exotic hunt. Anybody want to give their opinions on where we should go. Please post rate and any trophy fees that may apply. I'm sure if I missed anything Matt will chime. Thanks JohnS

I'm lot looking for a trophy just a fun economical hunt with a friend. Heck i may just go to video it lol.

Comment

i got my 1st - 3rd bow kills at KJO.. killed a black ram.. may not have been a trophy in the record books, but a trophy in my mind.

Comment

Keith Johns has some good rams and it's a great place to hunt. I killed a corsican there in April. Three other TBH'ers killed rams as well.

Thompson Temple has lots of rams. Never been, but I hear its economical and you will have a very high chance to get a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
          Keith Johns has some good rams and it's a great place to hunt. I killed a corsican there in April. Three other TBH'ers killed rams as well.

Thompson Temple has lots of rams. Never been, but I hear its economical and you will have a very high chance to get a shot.
          Thompson Temple would be the Best place to go IF your just Ram hunting.Thats all he has to Hunt on one of his Ranches.He is a great fella and has had some recent renovations to his accomidations which make them alittle nicer to stay in.Been there 6 times and planning another trip next feb.That being said he is down towards Junction which will be quite a drive for you in the Dallas area.May look into Bugscuffle or Diamond c....both site sponsors.

Comment

dosplumashuntingranch.com pretty reasonable and just west of abaline on I20.

Comment

Diamond C is covered up in rams!

I only shoot them with a slingshot!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Check out Three Fingers Bowhunting ranch in Fairfield. Seems to be about half way for both out you and it is $500 for any ram and a hog with a very nice selection of rams. I was just out there this weekend and saw several that were very tempting. Great place and fun time.

Threefingersbowhunting.com

Comment

Originally posted by haztech3 View Post
                    Thompson Temple would be the Best place to go IF your just Ram hunting.Thats all he has to Hunt on one of his Ranches.He is a great fella and has had some recent renovations to his accomidations which make them alittle nicer to stay in.Been there 6 times and planning another trip next feb.That being said he is down towards Junction which will be quite a drive for you in the Dallas area.May look into Bugscuffle or Diamond c....both site sponsors.
                    This seems to be the best priced place to go. $190 is hard to beat.

Comment

I would recommend Thompson Temple and have never been to KJO but If you want to throw in a Hog along with the ram I would go to KJO(keithjohnsoutdoors.com).

I'm going to Thompson Temple's for the 6th time the 1st weekend of november but if they don't Re-open the Archery Range ... I may go with the Muzzleloader.

Comment

Originally posted by KRex View Post
                        I would recommend Thompson Temple and have never been to KJO but If you want to throw in a Hog along with the ram I would go to KJO(keithjohnsoutdoors.com).

I'm going to Thompson Temple's for the 6th time the 1st weekend of november but if they don't Re-open the Archery Range ... I may go with the Muzzleloader.
                        Why did they close the archery range?

Comment

Originally posted by Z7_Matt View Post
                          They start at 190 and go up from there.They are tagged with different colors and you won't have a problem knowing exactly what the price is.Thompson will go over it with you in detail.Also ANY untagged ram is 190 So off you run across a double curl ram that has no tag its 190.My boy shot a Merino last yr that would have been 500 easy according to Thompson but he didn't have a tag so it was the 190.I know its a haul out there but if your wanting some nice Rams for a decent price and plenty of them, then that would be my first choice.I can't speak for the other Ranches because i have only been to Thompson , DB RANCH and Quarto B and i wouldn't recommend them for just a Ram hunt.

Comment

They start at 190 and go up from there.They are tagged with different colors and you won't have a problem knowing exactly what the price is.Thompson will go over it with you in detail.Also ANY untagged ram is 190 So off you run across a double curl ram that has no tag its 190.My boy shot a Merino last yr that would have been 500 easy according to Thompson but he didn't have a tag so it was the 190.I know its a haul out there but if your wanting some nice Rams for a decent price and plenty of them, then that would be my first choice.I can't speak for the other Ranches because i have only been to Thompson , DB RANCH and Quarto B and i wouldn't recommend them for just a Ram hunt.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X