Job interview questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job interview questions

What are some job interview questions people are asking now? We may have a spot open and need to come up with a couple questions to ask the possible applicants.
    It is a specific field of investigations, I know the technical questions but need some other questions as well.

I recently interviewed and took on a new job. Don't remember all of the questions but one that caught me off guard was:

"We are interviewing several people for this position, why should we hire you?"

Again, I know it's basic, but it was almost so basic that it caught me off guard.

Comment

Are you going to vote for hillary clinton...and do you use rage broadheads

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
        I recently interviewed and took on a new job. Don't remember all of the questions but one that caught me off guard was:

Again, I know it's basic, but it was almost so basic that it caught me off guard.
        That's a good one

Comment

Tell me why you would be an asset to our company?
          What makes you feel like your a good fit for this job?
          If you were a hot dog.... Would you eat yourself?

These seem to be pretty standard these days.

Comment

Describe the color blue without using any other colors as a reference.

Comment

My company uses behavioral based questions...

Like:

Tell me a time you went above your job title to get something accomplished?

What would you do if there was a hostile work environment?

Qiestions like that. If it's entry level they will ask more of those types of questions. If it's an interview for a more advanced position, expect more technical questions. If it's management, expect a nice mix of both.

Comment

My last job interview was 4 yrs ago and I was asked this question, yes it caught me off guard but I guess my reply was pretty good because I got the job.

Comment

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be and why?

Tell me what you are most proud of and why?

What did you like and dislike about your last job?
                  Last edited by Huntsman27; 07-26-2016, 08:19 PM.

Comment

-If you were given a box of pencils, list 10 things you could do with them that are not their traditional use.
                    -Tell me your goals for the next 5 years, now tell me what you have done the last 5.
                    -Sell me this pen (hand them your pen)
                    -Describe to me the next Facebook
                    -If I gave you $100.00 and you had to turn it into $500.00 in 7 days, how would you do it

Comment

What is your greatest weakness?
                      A good answer is that you like to be thorough and hate leaving projects unfinished. And because of it, you would rather stay longer and work harder to finish a set project And make sure the job is done correctly and in a timely manner.

Comment

Why are manholes round?

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                          Why are manholes round?
                          So they don't fall in. Everyone knows that. Good one

Comment

I used to give this questions as an assignment. The applicant need to send me why we should hire him and why he wanted to work for our company. For all I cared they could have written and sent me a bunch of garble. I was testing them to see if they could complete a task on time.

Comment

My two favorites that I can tell a lot about a person are:
                              Tell me about someone you really admire and why?
                              Describe an ethical dilemma you faced and how your resolved it?

Hire for character, then train for talent.

Comment

Working...
                              X