Advice from FOB users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice from FOB users

Got a couple questions out there for yall that are experienced with FOBs.
    1) How well do these work for those shooting fixed blade broadheads, what broadheads are yall using?
    2) Those of yall that are using the lighted homemade nocks with the FOBs, what is the YouTube video title and the user that made the video?
    3) How many FOBs come in a pack when you order them? I looked on the starrflight website and I couldn't find an answer.

Can't answer 1and 2, but 12 come in a tube.....

Comment

Originally posted by 1FowlHnTR View Post
      Can't answer 1and 2, but 12 come in a tube.....
      Thanks

Comment

#1. They will steer a big fixed blade as well as any fletch and better than most except for maybe a 5" feather. In a cross wind, they are less affected than any fletch on the market.
        #2. Never shot lighted knocks so do not know.
        #3. Dozen.

Comment

Interesting. I guess either you will never get a complete pass through, or the nock and fob would come off when the arrow is going through a deer?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            #1. They will steer a big fixed blade as well as any fletch and better than most except for maybe a 5" feather. In a cross wind, they are less affected than any fletch on the market.
            #2. Never shot lighted knocks so do not know.
            #3. Dozen.
            Thanks Mudslinger, I was hoping you would comment on this.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
              Interesting. I guess either you will never get a complete pass through, or the nock and fob would come off when the arrow is going through a deer?
              BURTONboy, the nock and FOB will pop off if the arrow has a pass through. The claim is that the FOB can then help you locate where the initial shot was made and make finding a blood trail easier.

Comment

Here us a link to the video.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                  Here us a link to the video.
                  http://youtu.be/3MgZ1TuQy7A
                  Thanks

Comment

Actually, 13 FOBs come in a tube. They do this to give you one extra since you're accuracy will improve, especially with broadheads. They advise from the get go to not shoot at the same spot but since they know people will do it anyways at first, they include the extra FOB for you. And they stabilize a fixed head faster, longer and just all around better than vanes. With fixed head broadheads is where they really shine.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick'n'String View Post
                      BURTONboy, the nock and FOB will pop off if the arrow has a pass through. The claim is that the FOB can then help you locate where the initial shot was made and make finding a blood trail easier.
                      And this is very true. Especially for me since due to buck fever after the shot, I forget where the deer was standing and need the help locating where to start.

Comment

Will they work with a QAD HDX

Comment

They should work with any drop away rest as long as the timing is right.

Comment

I'm glad this post is still getting some views. I'd like to see what more people have to say about them. The owner of the archery shop I go to doesn't seem to like them. The only reason I haven't ordered any out to try is because I'm due for some new arrows soon. Right now I have the VAPs and I know I don't want to go back to them

Comment

Originally posted by Stick'n'String View Post
                              I'm glad this post is still getting some views. I'd like to see what more people have to say about them. The owner of the archery shop I go to doesn't seem to like them. The only reason I haven't ordered any out to try is because I'm due for some new arrows soon. Right now I have the VAPs and I know I don't want to go back to them
                              I made a 22 yd shot on a huge buck this year in a 25 mph crosswind. I had absolutely NO drift thanks to the FOB. The ONLY reason I don't shoot them for 3D and target is because they're not allowed.

Comment

Working...
                              X