No announcement yet.

New Fire Pit/Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mom and dad gave me the tankhead for my birthday, but it looks like dad gave $193 for it.

Comment

Man Dale that looks awesome, great job...

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
        Burn that "r" off and then add "eley" and you got a great birthday gift for your old buddy Gary.
        "Moseeley"......really Gary? What little mush you took to Canada got da frost bite, eh!

Comment

Top for Matt.

1. Buy casters, or build wheels out of 5 or 6" pipe, star spokes wasted a lot of time.

2. Use 4 legs, or move them further outboard than I did. Mine trys to tip if I swing the grill away from the wheels.

3. That rolled angle iron around the grill was an added expense, but it really tidy's up the grill, and slides over the cap itself. (that was Casey's idea)

4. Scrap my whole idea and build a square one.
          Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-02-2015, 07:32 PM.

Comment

That's awesome

Comment

Well thought out and well built.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s really nice Dale, looks great!

Comment

Nice grill

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I bent the boot rail around the tank head itself. I tacked one end to the tankhead and bent/clamped it all the way around. When I turned it loose it got pretty close to the right diameter to fit around the spokes.
                      That's how we did mine but with round bar. Cut the spokes and welded them onto the cap. Then welded boot rail as went went around. The last 2 got tricky.

If I had to do it again I'd leave plenty of length for leverage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

How does the jack work? I have been looking to add that to the pits that we build.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          That's how we did mine but with round bar. Cut the spokes and welded them onto the cap. Then welded boot rail as went went around. The last 2 got tricky.

If I had to do it again I'd leave plenty of length for leverage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          Leverage is key....there's always a ton of uses fro extra round bar stock around the shop anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Brought'em View Post
                            How does the jack work? I have been looking to add that to the pits that we build.
                            It worked great every time I used it for a year, but honestly, I havn't used it in a couple of years. I build an outdoor fireplace on my patio right after I built this, so it kind of took a back seat. I have no reason to think it won't work just fine with a little wd40 in the gears. I'm going to cook steaks for 15 or so on it in a few weeks.

Comment

Dale, I think he wants to know how you assembled it and how it should work. Is it one jack that raises both sides or 2 jacks?

Comment

Looking good Billy Ray!

Comment

Working...
                                X