Anyone else not seeing deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else not seeing deer

I hunt in Colorado county and few deer on camera this past week. Nothing is coming to the feeder when I hunted the last couple times. So I decided to put my pop up away from the feeder and on a different trail this offseason. While sitting in the stand all I hear are acorns hitting the ground when the wind blows.

Hope this is not a repeat of last year where the same thing happened.

Anyone else having this problem or just me. Yes, I'm hunting the wind and using scent contoll.
    Last edited by Tall Tex; 10-08-2017, 02:12 PM. Reason: Spelling

Nearly all of my pics of deer are in the dark. It is still too hot for me and my deer lol. Im not hunting until it cools off or at least until the deer start moving fairly regularly during daytime hours. Sadly I dont see any cooler weather on the horizen.

Comment

I haven’t had a chance to hunt yet .

Comment

I hunt in Burnet County. My big bucks have almost completely disappeared. Does, fawns, and young bucks hitting hand corn and showing up on camera. Watched my target buck come in and stop 54 yards out, turn and hang out at 80 eating acorns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Unusual year for my area. 27" of rain since the first week of May had them not hitting protein or corn feeders at all. I feed protein year round and had not filled feeders since since June 8th till mid Sept 13 when I finally had to put feed in a couple. All pics are at night and some bucks do not even show up every night. I planted oats and winter peas that are up and deer are not feeding on it all. They have plenty of native vegetation right now and just are not moving at all. I am having several hunts in a row without seeing even a young buck, which is very unusual here.

Comment

I hunt in Colorado County also. Same at our place, all the deer seem to have gone nocturnal. Hitting feeders after dark. We have some acorns also. Maybe things will change in the next week with full moon passing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm just not mad enough at 'em to hunt in this heat!

Comment

ME!!!! Bastrop & Sabinal now. Whew its slow.

Comment

Very slow for me as well. Harvey dumped 14 inches making it nice and green plus a good crop of acorns.

Very limited sightings but I have managed a doe so it's a start.

Comment

I'm in Colorado county too and they've gone nocturnal. Of course I wouldn't see them anyway because of the yotes that are everywhere.

Comment

It’s that time of year. The bucks begin leaving their bachelor groups and the acorns start dropping. Probably doesn’t help that hunters are hitting the “woods”.

Comment

3 words—Moon, heat, acorns

Comment

Very slow. Only activity I have is between about 10 at night until 2-3 am when they hammer both protein feeders. Hoping to get some relief as the food plots got 2.5" two weeks ago and were looking great last weekend. My suggestion is, if you got acorns, go sit amongst em.

Comment

All our camera pics are at night, so we are in the same boat!

Comment

I've been hunting as hard as I can to get some blood on the ground for my dog and it's been slow. Everything is lining up to be a slow season for blind hunters in heavy pressured areas or small pieces of property heavily pressured with neighbors

Comment

Working...
                              X