grilled wild pork recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grilled wild pork recipes

We've killed several hogs this year and we usually just pitch them out for the coyotes or give them away. The other night my son shot a little 50 pounder and we pulled the back straps off of it. They are small but they will be tender. I was intending to grill them. Any good and easy ways? Marinates etc...?

Gallon size zip lock bag with Italian dressing poured in. Marinade backstrap in gallon bag for about an hour. Before taking it out, get a cutting board and create a solid layer of a mix of black pepper, garlic salt, and onion powder. Take the backstrap out of the marinade and roll it across the cutting board. The wet marinade will pick up the dry seasoning to form a crust. Blazing hot grille to sear the meat then finish using indirect heat. Pretty tasty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
      Gallon size zip lock bag with Italian dressing poured in. Marinade backstrap in gallon bag for about an hour. Before taking it out, get a cutting board and create a solid layer of a mix of black pepper, garlic salt, and onion powder. Take the backstrap out of the marinade and roll it across the cutting board. The wet marinade will pick up the dry seasoning to form a crust. Blazing hot grille to sear the meat then finish using indirect heat. Pretty tasty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That sounds good. I'll have to try that next time

Comment

Fried ribs too on the little suckers

Comment

Did a wild pork back strap not to long ago. Split it long ways filled with cream cheese and jalapeños coated will bills seasoning salt and wrapped in cheap h e b bacon. Cooked it in the oven on my wife’s cooling rack (with a pan under it). Bout 45-60 minutes on 375

Comment

making me hungry

Comment

Working...
            X