Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Man, that's a nice griddle!! You could cook enough food to feed an army on that sucker all at one time!! IF I buy one, that's what it's gonna be! Where's that LIKE button?!
    Yes sir. It's probably one of my favorite things I have bought in a while . Got it at academy. It's a little over 4' wide. We host a lot of party's so I should be able to cook a lot of food fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      How's your FAB project coming along?
      talked to my fabricator today... He hasn't cut/bent it yet... It's a "gubment" job, so I don't want to push him... said he'd probably have it for me next week... My bride has been looking over my shoulder at this thread and saw the $199 deals at wally world... said just go get you one... If I don't get it next week, that's likely what I'll do, only I want that BIGGUN from academy... we have a lot of folks over too and I can cook for 2 or 32 on the same griddle...

Comment

Originally posted by Mann Eye-Ashley View Post
        This thread makes me hungry.
        That's not allowed.

I have to stare at hundreds of dirty cow butts daily. Maybe one day I'll get to eat a steak from one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
          Dang it you made me order one of those stainless lids LOL! You should get a commission check from them.
          I suspect he is on payroll by now. .

Wonder how long until AC gets a food truck setup. That's the next step AC.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            I've gotten about 10 recipes from her. I think I bug her about every other day via messages. She does a stir fry and I'm going to try soon.
            Can you share her name?

Comment

UPS has apparently lost my griddle I ordered from Amazon. Last couple of days my tracking date has been changing to the next day. I called ups and it has been "misplaced". Guess that big *** package slid up under the driver's seat. Someone is supposed to call me back. Guess I'll see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                Can you share her name?
                Desir'ee Ruberti-Dukes

She has a FB page

Comment

ACCIDENTAL HASH BROWNS

Well I went to Brookshire Brothers this evening to pick up food for the weekend. I get home and there's a bag of red potatoes with my groceries. I didn't want them and never saw them in my cart. I checked my receipt and dang I even paid for them

Oh well. My daughter asked if she could make hash browns out of them. I said sure, since I accidentally bought them and had no plans for them. She got the shredder out and went to work. I heated the griddle and melted some butter on it. She dumped the hash browns on. We added salt and pepper and let them brown. They must have been good because she ate them all lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

SMASH BURGERS

My first attempt at "smash burgers." I can say it won't be my last. My kids said these were the best burgers they ever ate. I will say IMO they had more flavor than a burger cooked on a grill. If you never heard of smash burgers it's a restaurant chain that has there own way of making hamburgers. There are several YouTube videos on how to make them. I will just post the pics. I will say I ended up with 3 double cheeseburgers and one plain burger for my grandson. I highly recommend y'all trying burgers made this way. They are delicious!

Comment

My son came over with pork steaks, mashed potatoes, and baked beans. He said, "dad I will make the potatoes and beans if you cook the steaks." Not what I usually would eat for lunch, but i didn't have to buy it

Searing them then placing that stainless steel cover over them to cook keeps all the juices inside. I think I've gained 10 pounds since I started this thread

Comment

How do they hold tempature in the cold weather for deer lease cooking in January?

Comment

Heck AC, I think I've gained weight just reading your posts and lookin' at the pics!! One thing I notice about the latest pics of your griddle is the patina it has taken on! That sucker is SUPER-SEASONED!!

Comment

Heck AC, I think I've gained weight just reading your posts and lookin' at the pics!! One thing I notice about the latest pics of your griddle is the patina it has taken on! That sucker is SUPER-SEASONED!!

I can't wait to see how yours turns out. I don't think I will use my gas grill again.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                              How do they hold tempature in the cold weather for deer lease cooking in January?

Not sure about the blackstone, but mine will hold a decent temp. I'll use a griddle topper to make sure though. Wind seems to be a bigger pain than anything.

Comment

Thanks to him and this thread I may have developed terrible food lust. Probably not a good idea to have sharp objects on my person while around the cattle. They just might sense the steady dreams and visions of fancy, griddle-cooked steaks and hamburgers.

Comment

Working...
                                X