Turkey Breast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Breast

Any pointers or help on cooking a turkey breast on the pit, I have never done one, have smoked just about everything else, Thanks

Turkey Breast

The first turkey I shot tasted like boot leather and I gave away my next one. I have heard they are not bad cut up into nuggets and deep fried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chicken fry them or pound thin and cool like fajitas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
        Chicken fry them or pound thin and cool like fajitas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        This here

Comment

Turkey Breast

A favorite around here marinated in buttermilk and chicken fried in strips with cream gravy.

Comment

I cut up and marinate overnight in Italian dressing then bake with potatoes and carrots. Fantastic the first night but dries out when you reheat.

Comment

We like em cut into strips and fried and dipped in honey mustard!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I tried to grill it once and that's the reason I don't turkey hunt anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Reel cajun View Post
                  A favorite around here marinated in buttermilk and chicken fried in strips with cream gravy.

This. Right. Here. Absolute best way I have ever had wild turkey hands down.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Not sure if you are talking wild or domestic...I’ve never done either on the pit. Here’s Hank Shaw’s version for wild: https://honest-food.net/smoked-turkey-breast-recipe/

I did his poached turkey breast recipe with my last turkey and it was great. I actually sous vide instead of poached, but similar. https://honest-food.net/wild-turkey-...ecipe-poached/

Comment

If you are talking about a skin-on, store bought turkey breast, brine and smoke. If wild (like others have said ) the only way I have found that’s any good is to cut into strips and chicken fry.

Comment

Domestic turkey, and any good brines recipes

Comment

Inject it and smoke it at about 200-225 until it reaches about 165 degrees.

Comment

Working...
                          X