Whats a good perch trap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats a good perch trap?

I want to trap some perch in different locations and move to my bass tank.

Whats a good perch trap under $40....Was possibly looking online, Academy, bass pro or cabelas route if they have some good ones.

And NO I do not feel like making any. No experience

About an eight year old boy or girl with some worms and a cork

Comment

Just remember, the entrance can have an opening no larger than 1"x3". And the overall trap length can be no greater than 24". It also has to have a gear tag if used in public waters.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

The store bought will catch. I have used the round minnow and a made cloverleaf trap but they just don't work as well as the ones I make. Will be moving some bream for the same reason soon as it warms a little.

Comment

Originally posted by SpearChunkaa View Post
          About an eight year old boy or girl with some worms and a cork
          I have done that from our creek. In the scheme of things, it doesn't add enough bait to my tank tho.

Reel Texas Outdoors offers some of the best catching bait fish traps on the market today! Using tools of the trade, our traps are manufactured with the highest quality materials to ensure longevity. Not to mention, they catch the bait!

What do yall think of these? $60 and less and look well built

Comment

Boatcycle in Henderson, TX makes some really good ones. Don't know if they have any dealers in your area but you can call and ask. 903-657-3791

Edit: The ones from Boatcycle look a lot like the ones in your link.
            Last edited by Drycreek3189; 02-02-2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Edit: Sorry I missed your last sentence.

Comment

Check area fish farms, I just looked at one

1-3" bluegill ($50 per 100); 3-4" ($70 per 100); 4-5" ($90 per 100).

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
                  Check area fish farms, I just looked at one

1-3" bluegill ($50 per 100); 3-4" ($70 per 100); 4-5" ($90 per 100).
                  I would rather fish the creeks on our place or trap them! Alot cheaper and trap will last a lifetime to continue collecting perch

Thanks tho

Comment

Not for perch but I used a coke bottle and inverted the top funnel part after cutting it off, then sealing them together and put bread or some type of bait in the bottom. This was a pretty good trap for minnows.

Comment

If you can get those cloverleaf traps for 60 bucks, that's about the best deal you'll get; and thay's som perch-catchin' son's o guns!! Caught a many a perch in Livingston with clover leaf traps my dad made...

Comment

look on youtube they are simple and cheap to make , look up the cloverleaf design I think is what its called.

Comment

Here you go. Less than $40.

The Fish Net Company, now doing business as Nets & More. For fishing nets and supplies, commercial and recreational, as well as sports nets and supplies. From stock, or custom made to any specification required. Our qualified and friendly staff is experienced in net engineering, and is committed to satisfy every customer's needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Just remember, the entrance can have an opening no larger than 1"x3". And the overall trap length can be no greater than 24". It also has to have a gear tag if used in public waters.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
                            Needs some help with those hogs? I know where crappie are biting in Mansfield:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                              Good deal. I just need to compare shipping costs now

Comment

Working...
                              X