No announcement yet.

Harder your work, more you pay !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it that everyone jumps right to the government is the only wasteful spenders in the world? Why not be mad also at oil companies for high gas prices and buying luxury boxes at sporting events for customer meetings? Why not get mad at drug companies for the exorbitant cost of prescription drugs? Or doctors for extremely high medical bills? Or salesmen, lawyers, dentist and executives for making too much money. Heck, I know guys making 6-digits at refineries with a high school diploma. Are these guys overpaid and dollars being wasted on them? I hardly doubt it. Government employees be they managers or rank and file, work hard for their check just like the rest of us. All lines of business make bad financial decisions daily that cost everyone of us in some way is all I'm saying. We could be worse off. Ask almost anyone in a third world country and they'd trade places with us at the drop of a hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Aric View Post
      Why is it that everyone jumps right to the government is the only wasteful spenders in the world? Why not be mad also at oil companies for high gas prices and buying luxury boxes at sporting events for customer meetings? Why not get mad at drug companies for the exorbitant cost of prescription drugs? Or doctors for extremely high medical bills? Or salesmen, lawyers, dentist and executives for making too much money. Heck, I know guys making 6-digits at refineries with a high school diploma. Are these guys overpaid and dollars being wasted on them? I hardly doubt it. Government employees be they managers or rank and file, work hard for their check just like the rest of us. All lines of business make bad financial decisions daily that cost everyone of us in some way is all I'm saying. We could be worse off. Ask almost anyone in a third world country and they'd trade places with us at the drop of a hat.

Is this a serious question? Could it be because the only money the government has to spend is the money they force out of my aching tired hands? The government doesn’t earn their own money they take it from us who work our butts off for it.

Companies and people produce a service or product that they dont force you to pay them for. You have a choice not to buy their products and/or services.

This is a really naive question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
        I had it out with the appraisal district here in Wilson county some years back over the soaring appraisal in the middle of a recession with banks failing and all. one man on the board said well you bought a high end home , I said what about my neighbor across the street from our home his property his 1 acre homestead is valued at 1,500 per acre and mine is 36,000 .some smart arse guy said he also has a mobile home on his land, I say so is that bad he said yeah it brings your home value down, I said thanks please bring down my appraisal because he is bringing my value .another smart arse said well he's not in your subdivision I said I know but neither are some of the comps y'all are using and as far as I know we don't pay subdivion taxes do we? they called for the head appraiser who could offer no explanation. I finally said I sell you guys my house buy as much land as I can and put up a 14,000 single wide and beat the system after all the land exemptions, to which they had a dumbfounded look on their faces they lowered my appraisal rate to the previous years rate.
        Yes sir, Wilson county is on it. They sent me a aerial satellite picture of my Peterbilt truck and wanted to know when I built the 12x36 storage shed.

I went to the Appraisal office in my Peterbilt truck and showed them the "storage building", that they were already charging 1600.00 a year in personal property tax on. Well, I reckon that old gal got uptight and made an adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
          Yes sir, Wilson county is on it. They sent me a aerial satellite picture of my Peterbilt truck and wanted to know when I built the 12x36 storage shed.

I went to the Appraisal office in my Peterbilt truck and showed them the "storage building", that they were already charging 1600.00 a year in personal property tax on. Well, I reckon that old gal got uptight and made an adjustment.

Yeah they get upset when they do battle with an educated consumer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep property taxes suck. Montgomery County taxed me right out of there.

Comment

The part that makes me the maddest is that I'm paying rent on something that I own. To a "landlord"" that offers nothing in the way of assistance with upkeep. How is it the governments business what I do with my property? How or if I improve my land? If I work my butt off and build an outbuilding with my OWN HANDS using funds that I earned with my OWN HANDS how is it right that some paper pushing bag of poo can assess what I've done and charge me for it.

Property taxes are a racket. Just like me paying school taxes from the time I had my first job until I had my daughter at 40. Didn't benefit me a **** bit but the moeny got taken non-the-less.

Richard.

Comment

Most of those industries you mentioned with high product costs are high because of (drum roll please) government regulation/red tape. Why would we be mad at Salesman, dentist, executives etc. making too much money? That doesn’t even factor into this argument. If they make it their employer obviously thinks they’ve earned it.

We aren’t talking about government employees, that’s a whole other discussion. This is about the government/governments taxing us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This thread happens to be about taxes. There have been many other threads (rants) about the other subjects you speak of.

Comment

reason a lot of those companies also have waste is because of all the pac funds that these elected officials have their hands in. lots of money under the table still goes on in all politics from the municipal level up to the very top......just my 2 cents

Comment

Feel your pain, Have to go pay property taxes tomorrow, just small 5acre's and my home, jumped up to $3400 this year

God Bless
                      Bish

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                        Is this a serious question? Could it be because the only money the government has to spend is the money they force out of my aching tired hands? The government doesn’t earn their own money they take it from us who work our butts off for it.

Companies and people produce a service or product that they dont force you to pay them for. You have a choice not to buy their products and/or services.

This is a really naive question.

Yes that was a real question. Last time I checked the government provides roads, police/fire, monetary system, military, oversight agencies, etc.

Weren’t you the same guy needing those overpaid, thieving government employees game wardens to apprehend a guy that stole your prized deer. I guess it’s only stealing when the government isn’t working directly for you.

Maybe you’re the naive one at this point.

I hate paying taxes just as much as the next guy, however, I understand there are certain sevices that the government must provide for the good of all.

Comment

Ok. Let me pose a hypothetical question along the lines of property taxes.

Lets say you own 10 acres of land, your house is on it, outbuilding or two, garage, you use it for gardening, hunting, have a stock pond for the wildlife etc.. and you pay (top of my head number here) $8,000 a year in property taxes.

If you didn't have to pay those property taxes what would you do with the money throughout the year? improve the land to make it more valuable? Spend it in the local economy? I ask because if it was us we'd spend more locally boosting the local economy thereby making the businesses we frequent more profitable.

Wouldn't that make more sense than handing it to the government to waste on whatever-the-heck it gets spent on?

Honest questions.

Richard.

edit: I'm a government employee and I've seen the massive waste going on at even my bottom of the barrel level.

Comment

Harder your work, more you pay !

Yes that was a real question. Last time I checked the government provides roads, police/fire, monetary system, military, oversight agencies, etc.

Weren’t you the same guy needing those overpaid, thieving government employees game wardens to apprehend a guy that stole your prized deer. I guess it’s only stealing when the government isn’t working directly for you.

Maybe you’re the naive one at this point.

I hate paying taxes just as much as the next guy, however, I understand there are certain sevices that the government must provide for the good of all.

So I’m supposed to be okay with the government wasting money because they to use my money to provide a service to me every once in a blue moon? (Edit) by the way the game wardens have done absolutely nothing to date.

You asked why people complain about the government wasting money. The answer is because it’s my money! No company, no other person has any of my money because they force me to give it to them or they will ruin my life and put me in jail.

As far as I’m concerned if the government wastes one dime of my money I’m going to complain about it.

They are wasting my money when they pay off congressional aids to keep sexual abuse and assault claims quite. Are you okay with that?

They waste my money when the IRS holds huge parties for employees to the tune of one million dollars. Are you okay with that?

How about $150,000 for yoga classes for federal bureaucrats in DC ?

I promise you I could go on for longer than you are willing to read!

It is extremely naive to even suggest that government waste is in any way comparative to private people or companies wasting the money they have actually earned.

Last edited by Cajun shooter; 01-25-2018, 07:29 PM.

Comment

This should be a different thread. Does not even pertain to original OP's thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                                Ok. Let me pose a hypothetical question along the lines of property taxes.

Lets say you own 10 acres of land, your house is on it, outbuilding or two, garage, you use it for gardening, hunting, have a stock pond for the wildlife etc.. and you pay (top of my head number here) $8,000 a year in property taxes.

If you didn't have to pay those property taxes what would you do with the money throughout the year? improve the land to make it more valuable? Spend it in the local economy? I ask because if it was us we'd spend more locally boosting the local economy thereby making the businesses we frequent more profitable.

Wouldn't that make more sense than handing it to the government to waste on whatever-the-heck it gets spent on?

Honest questions.

Richard.

edit: I'm a government employee and I've seen the massive waste going on at even my bottom of the barrel level.

I honestly think it should be completely illegal and fraudulent for the state to continue taxing us year after year on property we’ve bought when we’ve only bought it once. I don’t have a problem with them taxing us on something we purchase, but not year after year based on a fairytale value that they dream up.

Comment

Working...
                                X