Rockport home builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockport home builders

Looking to build a stilt home in rockport, we were planning to build before Harvey but from we’ve seen and heard they were too many builder/scammers out there, thinking bout help-u-build or one of those type of outfits any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what quality of home you are looking to build but Todd Arbogast with Arbogast Custom Homes does some work in Port Aransas.

He builds high end custom homes in Austin (main location) and has got into beach homes in the last year or two. He moved one of his superintendents down there full time and I know he is down there himself at least once a week as well to check on everything. He will probably be on high end of things but the quality will definitely be there.
    Last edited by Gclyde28; 01-25-2018, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I’m going back to our family homes in Rockport tomorrow to inspect some repairs and pay some contractors. I’ll be down there for about 6 weeks. I’ll let you know who’s still doing quality work. There are several local builders who are very reputable but also booked several years out. Once I’m back down there I’ll know who’s in business

Comment

thanks for the info guys , we have a small lot on magnolia street almost behind Laguna reef condos lot size is 50x110 I think houses all look about the same since they must be built on stilts. 2 blks from water, a couple we've seen are about 1100 sq ft hardi board siding maybe a metal roof we would like to go with maybe sprayfoam insulation or the best r factor to keep it cool in the summer warm in the winter same goes with windows, granite tile or wood floors. any input would be helpful from any of you guys that have gone thru this before.

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
          thanks for the info guys , we have a small lot on magnolia street almost behind Laguna reef condos lot size is 50x110 I think houses all look about the same since they must be built on stilts. 2 blks from water, a couple we've seen are about 1100 sq ft hardi board siding maybe a metal roof we would like to go with maybe sprayfoam insulation or the best r factor to keep it cool in the summer warm in the winter same goes with windows, granite tile or wood floors. any input would be helpful from any of you guys that have gone thru this before.
          We have a home in Harbor Oaks and another on 2nd by the old Boiling Pot. There is a new minimum height for insurance purposes for waterfront homes and certain areas like Key Allegro. Maybe just plan on having parking space under the whole house

Comment

We are waiting to build on our place as well at the coast but we will wait a couple three years until the contractors get hungry again.

Comment

Originally posted by jefandaward View Post
              We have a home in Harbor Oaks and another on 2nd by the old Boiling Pot. There is a new minimum height for insurance purposes for waterfront homes and certain areas like Key Allegro. Maybe just plan on having parking space under the whole house

That’s the plan the stilts must be at least 12 ft to the bottom I think

Comment

Raggy Loy is a good guy here, been here a good while and used to build in Austin area.

Comment

Tagged watching for info as well

Comment

Sorry, wrong thread.

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                      That’s the plan the stilts must be at least 12 ft to the bottom I think

Well, here’s an update for you. Anyone worth their salt is booked and not taking new customers. Anyone taking new jobs right now either just got into town or just ran out of crack, either way it’s not looking good. I have just spent several weeks getting our homes in shape and picked up a few odd small jobs for acquaintances. I’m more than a little scared of what passes for carpentry out here right now. I’m leaving in a few weeks to head back to the north woods and I wish you best of luck. Pm me if you want some details about what I’ve been seeing and I’ll give you my number so we can talk.

Comment

Ok we’re in no hurry now to start building with all the bad builder publicity, I will keep you in mind and call you for more info

Comment

Working...
                        X