Solar Charger for trail cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar Charger for trail cam

I was thinking about putting a solar charger and rechargeable batt. on my trail cam. It is a wildview 3.0. will the std issue solar panel and all that work with this model and low quality cam??? thanks for the help if anyone knows much about these cams...

UP

Comment

^^^

Comment

I know it works on my 4.0 Wildview. I had to hunt around for the right plug (scrounging from old parts around the house), but it works fine now. Even thought the camera works off of 6V, it takes a 12V input. On the bottom of the camera there should be a plug with a rubber cover on it. There should be a molded diagram of the plug polarity and the voltage required there as well. If you don't have the plug, then you will have to redneck it by connecting the actaul battery terminals in the camera. In that case you will need a 6V battery and charger.

Comment

Thanks Bear, I am going to Gander to get the stuff today....

Comment

here is a set up I did with a Bushnell Sentry, the gray box holds a 6 volt rechargeable batt
            Attached Files

Comment

is it better to house the battery in something to keep the elements off of it? as in your pic?

Comment

I think so, the box is an electrical weather proof junction box(5.00), drilled a hole in the bottom and siliconed it up after putting wires in, have tried cans and such but they rust and harder to attach,this makes it harder for critters to get to the wires as well.

Comment

Dumb Question

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                  If you don't have the plug, then you will have to redneck it by connecting the actaul battery terminals in the camera. In that case you will need a 6V battery and charger.
                  So, if you have this "plug," then you don't need the 12 volt battery kit? Where can you get this plug?

Comment

I added one of the 6 volt panels from Gander Mountain to my Moultrie. Just drill a small hole in the bottom and connect the alligator clips straight to the battery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Game Cam.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	23844457

Comment

I'm wanting to do a rechargable and solar panel on my Cuddeback No flash.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys....I am headed to my farm this weekend and this is going down. I am tired of the batteries lasting two to three weeks.

Comment

okay, I know there are a few late night lurkers and I need another bit of help... I went and got the panel and the battery this evening, but what the crap do I need to connect the battery to the 12v inlet on the camera???

Thanks for the late night help!

Comment

They look great!

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                              I added one of the 6 volt panels from Gander Mountain to my Moultrie. Just drill a small hole in the bottom and connect the alligator clips straight to the battery.

[ATTACH]41290[/ATTACH]
                              Darn near what I did David. I put a 1 gig card in there and it never runs down or fills up.

Comment

Working...
                              X