Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffalo Trace Whiskey - Any similar brands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffalo Trace Whiskey - Any similar brands?

I have developed a taste for this. This is exactly the kind of bourbon that I like. Really good. The rye is balanced just right for me. Only problem is it can be spotty in its availability. Especially when I travel. I may just have to buy a case at a time when I can.

Anybody know a good, readily available substitute thats even close?

Yep, I've checked out the official Whiskey thread. Too big and mind boggling to navigate through.
    Last edited by Laszlo; 05-22-2018, 04:43 PM.

W.L. Weller. same Distillery.
    Last edited by waterdog; 05-22-2018, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Laszlo View Post
      I have developed a taste for this. This is exactly the kind of bourbon that I like. Really good. The rye is balanced just right for me. Only problem is it can be spotty in its availability. Especially when I travel. I may just have to buy a case at a time when I can.

Anybody know a good, readily available substitute thats even close?

Yep, I've checked out the official Whiskey thread. Too big and mind boggling to navigate through.
      That’s because it’s less than 10% rye

You’re looking for things that are produced with the famous Mash bill #1. Weller is a wheated bourbon that will have a much different profile. Here is a chart of what should help

Eagle Rare is 10yr old BT
      Last edited by hooligan; 05-22-2018, 05:05 PM.

Comment

I am not a big bourbon guy but eagle rare is Purdy good. Weller 12 is by far my favorite. Pretty sure both come from that distillery. Whillet is good too but I think it’s not always easy to find. Good luck

Comment

Nothing touches it for the price, IMO.
          Availability is a trade-off, though I've never had trouble finding it.
          Second the Eagle Rare.

Comment

Try the crown rye are the new crown bourbon mash !

Comment

Try Elijah Craig small batch, it’s under $30 and better imo

Comment

Working...
              X