Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I crazy for not canceling baseball practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your gonna cost those kids and especially the PARENTS!!! a chance to win a championship "RING" at the Idalou Texas 7 yr old Southwest regional World qualifier in June. That will be after 107 games 100 practices.
    I guess I don't understand it all.
    I know some top notch baseball folks and they don't get it either at these ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
      wow...so you got cage fighting, from a practice in the cold & windy weather comment?

I currently coach soccer & softball with my daughter...

43°, windy & raining...our games are played in both sports; its called the WINTER LEAGUES. We play Dec-Feb then start Spring Leagues in Mar...
      Our select is year round...

While you are sitting at home with your team in 43° winding conditions, other teams are out practicing.
      Practice is what is important at this age.
      Teams that don't practice & work on fundamentals are usually the teams trying to figure out why they are in last place...

So hide your candy azz behind the keyboard acting like a tough guy, while implying others are "acting out their glory days" by coaching youth sports in normal weather conditions.

It was a joke Coach Buttermaker!! Lighten up. You win the 7 and under Coach of the Year for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        It was a joke Coach Buttermaker!! Lighten up. You win the 7 and under Coach of the Year for your reply.
        Ay ya ya! Coach Buttermaker I can't stop laughing.

Forget bow season. We need Spring Turkey asap

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            Your gonna cost those kids and especially the PARENTS!!! a chance to win a championship "RING" at the Idalou Texas 7 yr old Southwest regional World qualifier in June. That will be after 107 games 100 practices.
            I guess I don't understand it all.
            I know some top notch baseball folks and they don't get it either at these ages.
            Unfortunately, the panhandle is under a 96 day drought, and after coaching competitive soccer for the last 5 years, playing in 30 degree weather is nothing for my kids, so I must say we can practice in the cold, but if it were raining, then it's time to take it to dbat or another ipf. I am competitive, and so are my teams. I think all day about whether I should hold practice or not on many days in inclement weather. I don't care if we win or lose, but I HATE losing because we canceled a practice and were rusty because we didn't practice earlier in the week.

Comment

I always see the same patterns form in these select baseball threads and bobcat mount threads.
              Last edited by Abcdj; 02-11-2018, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                I wouldn't schedule a practice on Sunday to start. That being said Riley had TJHRA today and it was 25 degrees when started and 40 when we finished. And all of us, parents and kids were miserable cold. some parents/ kids turned out because it was to cold. But that's what separates the ones who expect to win and those who hope to win.
                Kudos to those who practiced! Scheduling for many people is difficult. Sometimes Sunday is the only day you have free if your kids are involved in multiple activities. If you cancel, then the team suffers.

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
                  Kudos to those who practiced! Scheduling for many people is difficult. Sometimes Sunday is the only day you have free if your kids are involved in multiple activities. If you cancel, then the team suffers.
                  Understand that. Riley practices every day and works at it everyday. If your on a team and there is a practice ... Show up

Comment

I wouldn't schedule a practice on Sunday to start. That being said Riley had TJHRA today and it was 25 degrees when started and 40 when we finished. And all of us, parents and kids were miserable cold. some parents/ kids turned out because it was to cold. But that's what separates the ones who expect to win and those who hope to win.
                    One reason I was happy when my son started junior high sports; no weekend games and/nor practices!

For my daughter’s softball league team, the league assigns field times/days.
                    Games are Tuesday & Thursday; assigned practice days are either M, W or Su.

Difference with the club soccer is games are on Saturday, but field days/times are also still assigned by the club.

Comment

Practice was cancelled but we made the most of it for one of his other interests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you read farther down before you replied...?
                        Yes sir I did kinda. Did I miss something. I scanned more than read at
                        Edited.
                        I see now haha
                        Last edited by txoutdoorsman24; 02-11-2018, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                          One reason I was happy when my son started junior high sports; no weekend games and/nor practices!

For my daughter’s softball league team, the league assigns field times/days.
                          Games are Tuesday & Thursday; assigned practice days are either M, W or Su.

Difference with the club soccer is games are on Saturday, but field days/times are also still assigned by the club.
                          Youth rodeos, for the most part, are on weekends. Rain, sleet, cold or in our case extreme heat. I tell Riley unless practice in all elements you won't know how too win in all elements. I never put her in a more than normal dangerous situation but I tell her at some point you will be faced with it. The more you experience it the better you will be prepared. Denny Flynn once said... The only you have once you get there is "what" you sent ahead. That "what" is the experience and preparation for the moment.

Comment

Make practice optional. The kids that show up make the team, others can kick rocks. No room for pansies in team sports.

Comment

Youth rodeos, for the most part, are on weekends. Rain, sleet, cold or in our case extreme heat. I tell Riley unless practice in all elements you won't know how too win in all elements. I never put her in a more than normal dangerous situation but I tell her at some point you will be faced with it. The more you experience it the better you will be prepared. Denny Flynn once said... The only you have once you get there is "what" you sent ahead. That "what" is the experience and preparation for the moment.
                              Agreed. Playing through elements & being prepared IS part of any outdoor sport!
                              Girlfriend was a hunter/jumper; rode every day rain or shine per her trainer.

Why?

Because the outdoor shows competed whether it was a covered arena or not - standing water or not.

Comment

Just adding to my post count. It’s cold outside

Comment

Working...
                                X