Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-18-2018, 02:35 PM   #1001
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
You see his latest about biting his tongue and not wanting to go public with it, but enough is enough? My dad is a big uh donor and apparently his exit with the players wasn't too rosy, and sounds like his entrance at ut with the players isnt too rosy. Bad thing is, if he said anything bad at all about players who left early, it's not a good look. Players leave every school, but the coaches must keep things positive or not say anything at all. Simply optics to recruits. I'm curious if there is truth to what elliot is saying, but right now it appears that way.

Did you hear his answer to the question about championship caliber players being on the existing roster?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
When he paused and said, some? Man, that's just Herman. He also knows who his QB is but he's not going to name them.

What Elliot did reflected more on himself and lack of maturity/character than it does anyone on the staff. He didn't exclude Orlando, there was bad blood but Orlando's scheme is the only reason Elliot had above average film. NFL guys have been gawking over his mesurables for years, but the kids maturity was lacking and still is... This is the Baylor Shadow boxer we are talking about.

Herman talking about these cats departing the team as soon as the final game was played and not playing in the bowl game, etc... Yeah, I can see why they or he might get butthurt over it if he is an entitled little prima donna.

They/he made a choice. Move on, he got paid.
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 02:35 PM   #1002
Heath
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cisco / Ira

Quote:
You see his latest about biting his tongue and not wanting to go public with it, but enough is enough? My dad is a big uh donor and apparently his exit with the players wasn't too rosy, and sounds like his entrance at ut with the players isnt too rosy. Bad thing is, if he said anything bad at all about players who left early, it's not a good look. Players leave every school, but the coaches must keep things positive or not say anything at all. Simply optics to recruits. I'm curious if there is truth to what elliot is saying, but right now it appears that way.

Did you hear his answer to the question about championship caliber players being on the existing roster?

There is a difference between saying something bad and saying the truth behind closed doors. The sad thing is Elliot, much less us don't know what Herman said word for word or the context it was said in. All the NFL guys told Elliot to stay in school, Herman probably told him the same thus looks bad for it.

If you really want to take a deep dive into it, look at the story / talk from Hager. He said as much he didn't get along with Herman and staff until late in the season when it all clicked. Outside of the guys that left early for the NFL (hey I get it, go get paid), there was hardly no attrition. There is typically a lot of attrition between year one and year two of a program. When you are talking about players recruited by one coach and asked to buy in by another, there are always going to be issues. Herman is not the type of coach to try to coddle these players. You either buy in or get gone. Coddling is what got Texas to playing .500 ball. So you are telling me Herman is different than what we have been seeing around Texas for the last 8 years, hell yeah I am on board. I don't care whos feelings get hurt and what message board fonder people have. Its time to win some **** ball games.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 02:36 PM   #1003
Sticks&Strings
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
You mean where they asked him how many elite players he had and he answered "some" after a pause? Not sure what was wrong with that but the Ags seems to be riding it like it was bad....reaching.

I had no problem with it. In a culture of what used to be deemed elitists or entitled, I can't believe any coach would list any of his players on a 7-6 team as elite....not to mention naming them. I'd want them all hungry and practicing/working for playing time thinking their job is on the line and technically they are..

Saban would have laughed at that question.
I don't disagree with much of what you are saying, it was just a different response than the norm. I thought the second half of his response was pretty good but also could have been interpreted as a repair for the first half.

But I get the entitlement issue, but didn't chollie fix that with his rules and military way of running things??

Sticks&Strings is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 02:37 PM   #1004
Sticks&Strings
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
When he paused and said, some? Man, that's just Herman. He also knows who his QB is but he's not going to name them.

What Elliot did reflected more on himself and lack of maturity/character than it does anyone on the staff. He didn't exclude Orlando, there was bad blood but Orlando's scheme is the only reason Elliot had above average film. NFL guys have been gawking over his mesurables for years, but the kids maturity was lacking and still is... This is the Baylor Shadow boxer we are talking about.

Herman talking about these cats departing the team as soon as the final game was played and not playing in the bowl game, etc... Yeah, I can see why they or he might get butthurt over it if he is an entitled little prima donna.

They/he made a choice. Move on, he got paid.
Hahaha this is the guy doing the boxing? Ignore anything I said then. Total tool.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:39 PM   #1005
Rush2Judge
Eight Point

Hunt In: Wood County

Quote:
You mean where they asked him how many elite players he had and he answered "some" after a pause? Not sure what was wrong with that but the Ags seems to be riding it like it was bad....reaching.

I had no problem with it. In a culture of what used to be deemed elitists or entitled, I can't believe any coach would list any of his players on a 7-6 team as elite....not to mention naming them. I'd want them all hungry and practicing/working for playing time thinking their job is on the line and technically they are all on the line..

Agreed. Elite players are playing in the CFB playoffs and/or drafted in the 1st round. Pretty hard do say that about anyone at UT based on last years results. It's not that hard to understand.
Rush2Judge is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 02:46 PM   #1006
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
But I get the entitlement issue, but didn't chollie fix that with his rules and military way of running things??

The more the layers of the onion get peeled back from Strong, the more we found out Texas was way worse off by having him as our head coach. I was totally wrong, I thought he was exactly want Texas needed and he would have been, if he had been who people thought he was. He ran a very laxed, unorganized program with very little discipline. He just further helped the entitlement issue instead of fixing it.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:57 PM   #1007
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default oktx's Official CFB Thread - Spring Season

What is funny is that if Herman would have listed his elite players by name and position, the ďother teamsĒ and their vulture like reporters praying everyday for Texas controversy would have said he threw those on the elite not elite borderline under the bus by not naming them. Hell they would have said singling out players is more examples of Texas entitlement. Herman canít win with those click salesmen.

Frankly those teams reporters were going to reach for every single thread of a reason to print something negative after that presser. The latest being a long pause. Really thatís just pathetically ridiculous... especially if you have watched any of Hermanís pressers in the past. He does that all the time. Lmao.

Last edited by Smart; 07-18-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 03:03 PM   #1008
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
What is funny is that if Herman would have listed his elite players by name and position, the ďother teamsĒ and their vulture like reporters praying everyday for Texas controversy would have said he threw those on the elite not elite borderline under the bus by not naming them. Hell they would have said singling out players is more examples of Texas entitlement. Herman canít win with those click salesmen.

Frankly those teams reporters were going to reach for every single thread of a reason to print something negative after that presser. The latest being a long pause. Really thatís just pathetically ridiculous... especially if you have watched any of Hermanís pressers in the past. He does that all the time. Lmao.
It is the same thing with Fox / CNN, Republican / Democrat, etc. People are going to read or hear the same thing with whatever slant they want it to say. They will read whatever they want to into it. They will twist it in a way for their own "side" to benefit. No different with fans / reporters of sports.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:07 PM   #1009
Sharecropper
Ten Point

Hunt In: Backyard

Water under the bridge . . It's ok to say that . . Bout time to move forward . . We'll know soon enough . .
Sharecropper is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 03:10 PM   #1010
Sharecropper
Ten Point

Hunt In: Backyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
It is the same thing with Fox / CNN, Republican / Democrat, etc. People are going to read or hear the same thing with whatever slant they want it to say. They will read whatever they want to into it. They will twist it in a way for their own "side" to benefit. No different with fans / reporters of sports.
I agree, with the exception of Fox/GOP . . And the word that eluded you is "spin" . .
Sharecropper is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 06:36 PM   #1011
Chad C
Pope & Young

JUCO OL transfer Mike Grandy wonít see the field again. He has been medically disqualified due to concussions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-18-2018, 06:38 PM   #1012
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
JUCO OL transfer Mike Grandy wonít see the field again. He has been medically disqualified due to concussions.

Son of a ..
Old 07-18-2018, 06:39 PM   #1013
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young

Itís always fun to blame the past coach. Iíve been doing this my whole life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brock Middlebrook is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 06:44 PM   #1014
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post

Apparently itís all on the shadow boxer. Parties at the pool on the 4th, word gets out (sounds Smokey), coaches ask players not to associate.

Panties get in a bunch and he takes to Twitter...

The latest theory.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:47 PM   #1015
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Oh my. Busy day.
oktx is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 06:53 PM   #1016
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:

I was worried when he couldnít go through Spring Ball. At least he will get a hell of an education.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:39 PM   #1017
Chad C
Pope & Young

These numbers are huge.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:41 PM   #1018
Chad C
Pope & Young

Slapped a big ol Texas across their chest as well

Old 07-18-2018, 07:44 PM   #1019
17ncs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.

Quote:

Donít expect to end
17ncs is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 09:14 PM   #1020
Puncher51
Eight Point

Hunt In: Mason, Callahan, and Stonewall Counties

Quote:

No bueno! Man I pray the line can stay healthy this year.
Puncher51 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 09:23 PM   #1021
ByronB
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
Why do people take A&M going to the SEC so personal? I disagree, tickets would sell at a premium and would help both schools keep the State's top recruits here in Texas.
Yes, but your thought process is too logical for some to comprehend.
ByronB is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 09:29 PM   #1022
ByronB
Ten Point

Quote:

I had no problem with it. In a culture of what used to be deemed elitists or entitled, I can't believe any coach would list any of his players on a 7-6 team as elite....not to mention naming them. I'd want them all hungry and practicing/working for playing time thinking their job is on the line and technically they are all on the line..

I have to agree with this. Jimbo was asked almost the same question during one of his interviews. He basically said there were a few elite players on the squad. I think these coaches are being careful when they use their wording. Not a bad thing.
ByronB is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 10:21 PM   #1023
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young

Quote:
These numbers are huge.

They do look a lot bigger than I remember. Is this their new game day uniform?

Old 07-18-2018, 10:24 PM   #1024
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
They do look a lot bigger than I remember. Is this their new game day uniform?

I texted my boy. Same as last year. It does look bigger in the picture so maybe a camera angle.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:36 PM   #1025
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
I texted my boy. Same as last year. It does look bigger in the picture so maybe a camera angle.

Must be. They look bigger.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:44 PM   #1026
Sticks&Strings
Pope & Young

Quote:

Not good. Did I hear it was concussion issues? Sad to see a kids dreams end with serious possible lingering issues like these if that's what it is.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:54 PM   #1027
JeffK
Ten Point

Numbers would look smaller on Moore's brother
JeffK is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 11:24 PM   #1028
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:

Not vertically
Old 07-19-2018, 07:36 AM   #1029
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:

Old 07-19-2018, 08:52 AM   #1030
JeffK
Ten Point

Looks like they put some beef on him.
JeffK is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-19-2018, 11:21 AM   #1031
Legdog
Pope & Young

This guy...

One of the ďsomeĒ.

Legdog is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-19-2018, 01:15 PM   #1032
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
I don't disagree with much of what you are saying, it was just a different response than the norm. I thought the second half of his response was pretty good but also could have been interpreted as a repair for the first half.

On the Horn yesterday, one of the guys from Texas insider said that is Herman. He doesn't give the generic response to questions. You will notice that he pauses a lot and thinks before answering.

I thought.....pause...Ö"some"...Ö.was funny. I grew tired of Mack always telling the media what they wanted to hear to the point I would not even listen anymore.
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-19-2018, 03:03 PM   #1033
Legdog
Pope & Young

I think it's amazing that here we are, in the dog days of summer jonesing so badly for college football that a simple pause in a coach's response to a question is somehow a talking point.

Stay the course people. Only 40ish days to go.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #1034
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legdog View Post
I think it's amazing that here we are, in the dog days of summer jonesing so badly for college football that a simple pause in a coach's response to a question is somehow a talking point.

44 days RIP Cole Pittman
Old 07-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #1035
oktx
Pope & Young

I hope he keeps being "Herman". It's hilarious. I can't wait for the next bit! ��
Old 07-19-2018, 04:39 PM   #1036
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
I hope he keeps being "Herman". It's hilarious. I can't wait for the next bit! ��

He never disappoints.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:48 PM   #1037
Legdog
Pope & Young

Quote:
He never disappoints.

Ha. Herman is a bad mofo! His super power is getting people to run through walls who should not be able to. In some ways he reminds me of Augie Garrido. Charisma goes a long way with fans and athletes.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:54 PM   #1038
oktx
Pope & Young

Quote:
Ha. Herman is a bad mofo! His super power is getting people to run through walls who should not be able to. In some ways he reminds me of Augie Garrido. Charisma goes a long way with fans and athletes.
IF you're winning.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #1039
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young

The Tom Herman vs the 610 radio host on air fight while he was at UH was classic.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:09 PM   #1040
Mayhem
Pope & Young

Hunt In: crockett, county

Quote:

44 to be exact. I am jonesing.

Mayhem is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-19-2018, 07:11 PM   #1041
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:

Mentioned it earlier.....Aggie reporters and fans reaching for what they can ready to pounce......like ducks on a junebug..
Old 07-19-2018, 07:20 PM   #1042
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
IF you're winning.
Technically, 7-6 is winning and that was his first year which translated into getting 11 of the top 15 recruits in Texas.

Prepare thy anus......
Old 07-19-2018, 07:23 PM   #1043
oktx
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Technically, 7-6 is winning and that was his first year which translated into getting 11 of the top 15 recruits in Texas.

Prepare thy anus......
If you are happy with that, cool. And if you are into another man's anus keep that to yourself.....city boy.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:36 PM   #1044
Chad C
Pope & Young

He boss men. Can we start a new thread before camp starts?

Old 07-19-2018, 08:41 PM   #1045
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:

Chad what day does it start this year?
Old 07-19-2018, 09:12 PM   #1046
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Chad what day does it start this year?

They report end of the month, I believe.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:10 AM   #1047
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

What's todays totally irrelevant topic?
Old 07-20-2018, 10:16 AM   #1048
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
What's todays totally irrelevant topic?
Ags should help us out by preventing a composite 4* RB out of the Houston area from joining the Sooners roster this weekend.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:17 AM   #1049
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Ags should help us out by preventing a composite 4* RB out of the Houston area from joining the Sooners roster this weekend.

Oh hell brace yourselves for the maroon peacocks..
Old 07-20-2018, 10:20 AM   #1050
Michael
Administrator

Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca

Quote:

Yup, remind me when we get closer. Or feel free to take the lead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Back To The Top
Closed Thread