Cool Moth at my door this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool Moth at my door this morning

Almost stepped on this bugger on the front porch this morning. Guess the cold weather keeps it from flying.

great picture! what camera and lens combination did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
      great picture! what camera and lens combination did you use?

Thanks, I used the iPhone with the stock lense . Did a little touch up with snapseed but not much.

Comment

Very cool. Look at this one I saw at a school I was working at last week

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
          Almost stepped on this bugger on the front porch this morning. Guess the cold weather keeps it from flying.

We used to see them from time to time each summer growing up. But have not seen one in years. They are good sized to. Very neat, wish I could see another.

Comment

Very Cool and they are huge wish I could find the pic of a cool green one I saw last year

Comment

Great pics guys!

Comment

Here's mine from La Salle county lease several years ago--

Comment

Nice! They are amazing up close and personal

Comment

Saw a bunch of these Luna moths one day a few years ago hiking at Huntsville State Park....

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post

This is a Polyphemus moth, a male to be exact. We have several a year at our place and even had one emerge while in a terrarium.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE.A View Post
                        Very cool. Look at this one I saw at a school I was working at last week

We've always called these wood moths, but I think it is actually a Vigorous Cissusa moth; but I'm nor sure. It could have just emerged or is a small female.

Comment

Working...
                        X