SIlverado vs. Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIlverado vs. Ram

I am starting a search for a new 2500 crew cab truck, but cannot make my mind on which one.
    What says the Green Screen:
    Silverado/Sierra 2500HD with Duramax Diesel
    -OR-
    Ram with a 6.6L Cummings Diesel

Either will have a Crew Cab and 4x4. Interior options are still a little open, but bluetooth capable is a must...

And GO...
    Last edited by Bowanta; 09-25-2018, 02:36 PM.

Out of those 2 Silverado. The f250 is best of all big 3 in my opinion.

Comment

Brand new?

I'm a duramax guy, but from what I understand it is crazy expensive to delete the egr, dpf, def on the new duramax pickups.

Not sure on the cummins.

Comment

Originally posted by meangreen View Post
        Out of those 2 Silverado. The f250 is best of all big 3 in my opinion.
        I agree 100%. Drove all 3. It wasn't even close IMO.

Comment

The quality of the truck is a lot better on the chevy. All things plastic inside will break on a dodge. The body and paint are cheaper on a dodge.

If you are going to keep if for more than 50K miles and you want all the parts to work and look good, go with Chevy.

Comment

Of the two I would go Chevy, the new Chevys are beast and look good too.

I test drive a Ram 2500 and it wasn’t bad, the only reason I was looking at it was due to the price though

Comment

Between my mom and I we have had 3 rams and all of them had issues with the transmission and mine had the 4x4 mess up. Only issue I have had with a GMC or a Chevy is a glow plug that kept going out which wouldn't allow my remote start to work. A few of my buddies that are or have been mechanics say that Dodge trucks 1500 2500 and 3500 all by far have more issues than Ford or Chevy.

Comment

I bought the Chevy 2500HD gas. Company truck has Duramax. They've had good luck with them.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Comment

Dodge. Chevy still has no leg room in the back and their a/c sucks back there. If you haven't ridden in one of the new Dodges, you are missing out. I've had my current Dodge for going on my 4th year and it has been the best truck I have driven to date, better then the Denali or Platinum I had. Probably going to buy another one this time next year!

Comment

I'm a Cummins guy, have a 13 dually & have had zero trouble with it, no plastic has fallen off & it pulls like a freight train.

Comment

GMC. They fixed the rear vent issues, the motor is solid, though not the most of anything, but good numbers all around. Just get used to the little interior rattles. Until GM gets rid of its terrible bath tub interiors, it's always going to rattle. Neither truck is a looker in particular, and out of the 5 full size truck makers, Toyota is the only one what looks any good personally.

Comment

I have Ram 3500 personal truck and Chevy 3500 work truck. Ram has taken 3 rides on a wrecker and has 80k miles. No trouble from the Chevy.

Comment

GMC Denali

/thread

Comment

There is good and bad with each of them and really none of the big three is just hands down better than the other, so it's up to what it is appealing to you. I personally like the looks of the GM's more but wouldn't cover my face in any of them. As for performance they will all do what 99% of the people want them to do, test drive them and see what feels best to you.

Comment

6 in a row, it will tow.

8 in a V, squat to pee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X