• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
    Worship how you want, but be forewarned, every knee will bow
    Enough said..

Leemo wins again.....

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
      My other side dwells heavily through this Buddhist Monk. He doesn't say much but the message is heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        Negative, that's the breakdown that says to me, there is no way this is right.
        You control your actions, drinking, cussing, and lying. The mindset I'm going to improve, is like laughing in Gods face imo. If a person chooses God, then there shouldn't even be a question, wether you cuss, drink, or lie next weekend lol. You control these actions 100%.
        Just like if the boss comes in and says, hey don't do that again, or your fired. Are you going to try and improve, or simply say, I'm not doing that again so I can keep my job.
        If you believe in Heaven and Hell, it's the same thing. Gods says don't do that or you're going to hell. Ok God, thats cool, I'm not gonna die for awhile though, so ima keep on sinning, and try and improve, and ask for forgiveness along the way. Not very serious about Hell, now are we.
        Now days everyone fits god, around their schedule, and it's laughable.

Sounds like you understand more about GOD than a lot of Christians I know.People don't take what his Word says serious enough.He did make a way for us through his blood ,and it does say a righteous man falls 7 times and gets back up.Paul took his cross up daily so that he didn't fall short of the prize.Once sin matures it can be a nasty thing(GOD knows the line and I wish to stay as far as possible away from it) and GOD hates sin,He hates it because it destroys the natural way he made his creation.What a lot of people don't Understand about the commandments is that he gave them to us to keep us from destroying ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
          MH, curious if you had time to read the book I sent you? Now that that’s out of the way, the big thing here is grace. Whatever your struggle, be it drinking, jealousy, anger etc... it’s never as simple as “well I just choose not to do that anymore”. It’s a struggle, it’s life, we are merely men. At the end of the day it boils down to grace and truth. Oftentimes in that order. Many of us experience God’s grace, well before we know and accept the truth that’s is Jesus.
          Yes, I did, it was a good read, and did cause me to view some things from a different angle.
          Sorry I never got back to you, as far as a report. I told you I would. My apologies.
          Did it change my beliefs no.
          I also told you I would post it in the classifieds for someone else, and I failed on that to. I still have it though, and will get on that.
          I understand it is a struggle, but the moment you give in, or say, I gotta do this, you fall. That is just my opinion though. Kinda like how if you are raised Baptist, there is a 99% change your going to believe like the Baptist, my thoughts on this subject, stem from how I was raised, therefore I still tend to identify with their teachings.
          Thanks again for the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Sir, I live my life surrounded by Christians. Thanks, but i don't need any prayers. I am doing just fine.

Man I hate when I get involved in these threads.

I will try and make this my last comment. Just leave me out of y'alls…….K?

Not bashing in any way so I hope it doesn't come off that way but.....

You claim you neither believe nor disbelieve in the existence of God. Good grief don't you want to know one way or the other? That would drive me nuts. I mean it literally affects your eternity no matter which way it goes. And even if you don't believe at all, there's nothing wrong with accepting the offer for someone to pray for you. If they think enough of you to send up prayers to their God with you in mind, why not let them? You literally have nothing to lose anyway and potentially everything to gain since you're not sure if there is a God or not.

Comment

Originally posted by TXDUCKCUTTER View Post
              Sounds like you understand more about GOD than a lot of Christians I know.People don't take what his Word says serious enough.He did make a way for us through his blood ,and it does say a righteous man falls 7 times and gets back up.Paul took his cross up daily so that he didn't fall short of the prize.Once sin matures it can be a nasty thing(GOD knows the line and I wish to stay as far as possible away from it) and GOD hates sin,He hates it because it destroys the natural way he made his creation.What a lot of people don't Understand about the commandments is that he gave them to us to keep us from destroying ourselves.
              I do have a VERY good understanding. Read the Bible cover to cover several times over. I am also very passionate about it in a way. You've never met a child, that had a more troubled mind, when it came to God and religion. A kid that believed 1000% percent God was real. A kid who prayed, and talked to God everyday, but as I've stated in other threads, I never heard God talk back. I sat with countless preachers as a kid, had the whole church pray at the alter with me, and no saint their, was praying harder than me. On and on.
              Used to have panic attacks as a kid, thinking about living forever. Mom would get us in the car, and we would go to the church to pray. Preacher could be spewing hellfire and brimstone and it wouldn't phase me. He could start talking about living in heaven forever, and I would get absolutely petrified, like put me in the hospital cuz my mind is about to break. This started around 8 yrs old. You'll never know, the ripping and tearing that took place in my mind, as a young adult, to break away from those beliefs. I was indoctrinated as much as any Taliban suicide bomber has ever been, it was a hard thing. I am not religious though, and I no longer believe any of it. I do love the discussion though. In some ways, I think I subconsciously still hope(for lack of a better word) it was different for me, but I never consciously think that. Too much knowledge has been acquired imo, to sway my belief now if that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                For those that practice Buddhism, can you explain why you do it? Is it just trying to gain peace on earth or do you think it gets you some place after death?
                Excellent question. If one truly gains peace on earth I guess they don’t worry about death?

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                  Yes, I did, it was a good read, and did cause me to view some things from a different angle.
                  Sorry I never got back to you, as far as a report. I told you I would. My apologies.
                  Did it change my beliefs no.
                  I also told you I would post it in the classifieds for someone else, and I failed on that to. I still have it though, and will get on that.
                  I understand it is a struggle, but the moment you give in, or say, I gotta do this, you fall. That is just my opinion though. Kinda like how if you are raised Baptist, there is a 99% change your going to believe like the Baptist, my thoughts on this subject, stem from how I was raised, therefore I still tend to identify with their teachings.
                  Thanks again for the book!
                  I didn’t expect it to change your beliefs but I’m glad it added some perspective.

Comment

Edit feature be acting weird!

Comment

It's sad that you are so simple minded. I'll try to keep this at your level but you might be surprised to know that many if not most of the words in the english language are derived from other languages. Sometimes words are combined to make another word. You copied and pasted the definition to the english word agnostic but its origin is based in two other words. Ag, meaning without and nostic (pronounced no-shus) meaning knowledge. Even the definition you posted equates to not knowing, or without knowledge of. Hope I didnt confuse you too bad.

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Sad that you are wrong.

ag·nos·tic
                      aɡˈnästik/
                      noun
                      noun: agnostic; plural noun: agnostics
                      a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                        That's where you're wrong but just wait and see.

We really wont SEE though. If you are of white European decent this is how your people were introduced to Christianity. If you are of hispanic decent this is how you became a Christian. If you are of African decent this is how your ancestors became Christian. My people were burnt, tortured and executed to accept this faith. FACT. No thanks. You believe what you want but try doing so without your god forcing me to my knees. Yall got a bad history of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                          It's sad that you are so simple minded. I'll try to keep this at your level but you might be surprised to know that many if not most of the words in the english language are derived from other languages. Sometimes words are combined to make another word. You copied and pasted the definition to the english word agnostic but its origin is based in two other words. Ag, meaning without and nostic (pronounced no-shus) meaning knowledge. Even the definition you posted equates to not knowing, or without knowledge of. Hope I didnt confuse you too bad.
                          Incredible that you find it simple minded that he doesn’t blindly agree with you and then doubled down by being condescending and giving some half brained English lesson.

Comment

Actually, you really will see and you wont have to be forced. You will do so freely of your own will. You disbelief doesnt change that. However no amount of arguing will convince you otherwise but you will SEE.

As far as your last post goes, man has a long history of taking something good and distorting or perverting it for his own gains. Yes that was some peoples introduction to "Christianity" but it was a false one and many more were introduced the correct ways. You are merely pointing out the proverbial "exception to the rule".

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                            We really wont SEE though. If you are of white European decent this is how your people were introduced to Christianity. If you are of hispanic decent this is how you became a Christian. If you are of African decent this is how your ancestors became Christian. My people were burnt, tortured and executed to accept this faith. FACT. No thanks. You believe what you want but try doing so without your god forcing me to my knees. Yall got a bad history of that.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post

Does the Bible say Chritians should burn non believers?

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                                If a person masters the eightfold path but doesnt claim to be a Buddhist, do they get to Nirvana?
                                Anybody, serious question?

Comment

Working...
                                X