Maybe ya need to put a safety on that thing like's on my rifle..lol

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
      Maybe ya need to put a safety on that thing like's on my rifle..lol
      Nahhh, I'll eventually get the hang of it. That or run out of arrows

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
        I know I was shooting it at 20. And no, not from hitting the trigger. I was pulling through with my release and it would trip with about a third of the force needed to trip the one you're letting me use, that's why I blasted one over the target cause I was holding as hard as I was holding the practice one back and apparently that's hard enough to set my trigger off.

That’s good if your pulling it the same and it’s working. It’s doing its job. To help with that settling in. Draw. Set your sight picture. As you relax a little. Then start pulling nice and even through the shot. And try it at ten yards. Even close your eyes so you can feel your body’s movement. Then when it starts happening smoothly. Open your eyes and start aiming. Don’t even think of the shot. Just aim and your body will start to do its job without even thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
          That’s good if your pulling it the same and it’s working. It’s doing its job. To help with that settling in. Draw. Set your sight picture. As you relax a little. Then start pulling nice and even through the shot. And try it at ten yards. Even close your eyes so you can feel your body’s movement. Then when it starts happening smoothly. Open your eyes and start aiming. Don’t even think of the shot. Just aim and your body will start to do its job without even thinking about it.
          10-4, I'll get back at it tomorrow after classes

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
            No!

Fish Pond is better eating and closer to New Waverly.

Just saying!
            We tried fish pond one year. I don't think they were ready for us. Took 1.5 hours to get our food. It wasn't that good in my opinion. ( At least what I had)
            I like the Waverly house better.
            I'm open to suggestions, but I don't know of that many places.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
              We tried fish pond one year. I don't think they were ready for us. Took 1.5 hours to get our food. It wasn't that good in my opinion. ( At least what I had)
              I'm open to suggestions, but I don't know of that many places.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I agree. Pizza shack is fine and can handle the crowd. The pond is ok. But is a little slow and we have places to be. Like in a tree.

Comment

Pizza Shack is really good. If you don't want to chance the pizza- which I think is actually really good- their calzones are outstanding. And huge!

Comment

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
                  Been a while since ive posted here guys! Glad to see most of yall still here doing well! Hung up my rods this summer started sellin boats and lucky me i have all deer season to hunt!

I've sold my old bow and am currently in the market for a new one! Dmack i seen you have owned and shot both the Triax and the Halon? just want some honest opinions pros and cons of these 2. I told my self i wasn't going to spend $1100 on a new bow and was looking at the carbon icon or the realm.... for some reason i think i still want to look at mathews and get off this bowtech kick im on. Misssion and hoyt are out of the question i do not like them.

Hey rooster. Sorry I never seen this till now. The triax was a good bow. Just a little too short for me with my dL. Halon six is a great bow and a little easier for me to shoot. But I am in love with this new halon 32. Best hunting bow I have shot in a long time. I will be keeping this one for awhile. Had a group come over last weekend. And even shooting under pressure at long range it still shot amazing. It will definitely be my hunting rig this year.

Comment

Allo everyone!!
                    Havnt caught up on this year's thread but I'll be doing that this week... in the meantime had an opening weekend lunch been settled on? Hello to all my old fri3nds also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by roguecraft101 View Post
                      Allo everyone!!
                      Havnt caught up on this year's thread but I'll be doing that this week... in the meantime had an opening weekend lunch been settled on? Hello to all my old fri3nds also

Pizza shack. Just a couple of port up^^

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                        Pizza shack. Just a couple of port up^^
                        Sweet man. I'll be catching up on the thread starting today. Been a long year for me.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                          Fish Pond has an excellent chicken fried steak, and fried chicken...but you better not be in a hurry. Nor hungry either for that matter. You'll have plenty of time to get hungry by the time the food arrives

Good luck this weekend, fellas

Comment

Man y’all have an opening weekend lunch? I need to get these LBJ folks to step up their game. Or maybe make a few more trips to SH next season.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                              Man y’all have an opening weekend lunch? I need to get these LBJ folks to step up their game. Or maybe make a few more trips to SH next season.
                              What, y'all dont like to eat? Get those guys with the program man, this is a brotherhood!

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                                What, y'all dont like to eat? Get those guys with the program man, this is a brotherhood!

Might have to plan a dinner. Hard to attend a lunch during an all day sit. I typically do all day sits opening weekend as people are constantly walking around pushing up deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X