Planting before the rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planting before the rain

Anyone else in North Texas get their food plots in just before the rain today? I did a no till plot today before the rain hit. I had sprayed herbicide and just broadcast then dragged the Turner Seed fall blend. Glad we got some rain and hoping for good results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best of luck to you.

Comment

I planted three plots here at home last Sunday into damp ground and got a good rain about three hours later. I looked at them yesterday and the wheat is already up. I planted two plots in Trinity Co. Wednesday and I'm not sure how much it's rained on them. Hoping for more rain in the next few days.

Comment

We are waiting until mid-late September this year. Historically, we have always planted close to Labor Day, but we have experienced terrible luck with army worms that past 2-3 years.

Comment

Forecast looks good for the next 10-12 days for rain. I’m probably putting seed in the ground next weekend.

Comment

Looks like you timed it right

Comment

I'm going to wait until the first of October to try and not have to deal with the army worms. I hope it works out.

Comment

We planted roughly 4 acres split up into several smaller plots last thursday and friday. Have been getting showers just about every day. If i can keep the hogs off it, we should be doing pretty well

Comment

I got about 18 acres in before this rainy spurt. I’d like to do some more this week if I have time. I have two more 3 acre spots sprayed and ready.

Comment

I’m holding off this year. Every time I plant early, have problems. Two times, food plots came up to about 3” after a good rain. Did not get another rain for about 6 weeks and temps got up to mid 90’s. Lost everything.

Comment

We planted today IN the rain. That was miserable but I don’t know when I’ll have a chance before season. At least it wasn’t hot.

Comment

Originally posted by tmstuk View Post
                        We planted today IN the rain. That was miserable but I don’t know when I’ll have a chance before season. At least it wasn’t hot.
                        Your seeds should come up just fine. Need to pray for more rain and cool weather

Comment

Agreed

Comment

I planted in Choctaw Co. OK on Saturday. Rain all around my place, but not a drop since I planted. Thought I was going to time it perfect. At least the next 10 days have some rain mixed in the forecast and no temps over 90*. Praying I get a couple inches these next 10 days.

Comment

Was out at my lease and it’s coming up pretty decent. Just hope it doesn’t get too hot and we get more moisture later in the month.

Comment

Working...
                              X