No announcement yet.

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done RO, plenty of good eats right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
      Went out all day yesterday. Stumbled across a spot that proved very productive by accident. I launched at Charlie’s and headed west. When I hit open water the chop was a bit more than I was comfortable with being in a 16’ Kenner so I turned around. While scanning the marshes for tails I got out of the channel and ended up in a very skinny spot (@1’) for the Kenner so I shut it down quick and put out the anchor pole. Immediately I saw some nice fish chasing bait not 20 yards from the boat so I tossed a couple lines with croaker and shrimp. I caught over a dozen rat reds and trout within 30 minutes which caused two guides to stop 100 yards out. We caught fish for about 3 hours in that one spot then it died out. After the guides left I hopped out of the boat and pushed it 60+ yards where I could then motor. I had a great time even though I got way too much sun.

The only fish pic I took was of the first legal spec at 22”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That sounds like my kind of day right there. Very nice and thanks for the ride along.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
        Well done RO, plenty of good eats right there.
        Thanks bud!

Comment

I'll post this here also.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
            That sounds like my kind of day right there. Very nice and thanks for the ride along.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It was a blast and thank you bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went to East Galveston Bay yesterday from 6am-2. Tough day. Only a few trout and 15 Sheepshead. Water looked great. Tide started coming back in around 11:30 and things got really quiet.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
                  Caught a few on days off, fished so much i look like a raccoon!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  That hat is awesome.

Comment

Headed south to Matty at lunch time today. I never fish down there on weekends but mom wanted to spread her brothers ashes in one of his old haunts. To do him one last solid we waded thru a harbor full of boats for a pint of shrimp and headed west. Yanked rat reds for about 3 hours and had a good time. Mom did her deal and we had a toast and a prayer and headed in

Last edited by Quackerbox; 06-09-2018, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Headed south to Matty at lunch time today. I never fish down there on weekends but mom wanted to spread her brothers ashes in one of his old haunts. To do him one last solid we waded thru a harbor full of boats for a pint of shrimp and headed west. Yanked rat reds for about 3 hours and had a good time. Mom did her deal and we had a toast and a prayer and headed in

Glad your trip went well!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        Glad your trip went well!!
                        Granny is happy and that's all that mattered today.

She did however threaten to throw me out of my own boat cause I was catching fish

Comment

Good stuff

Comment

Granny is happy and that's all that mattered today.

She did however threaten to throw me out of my own boat cause I was catching fish
                            Lol I hear ya! There was a big tournament this weekend in Matty that's why the boats were stacked like that.... Those are the weekends I stay ckear of

Comment

nice deal

Comment

Corpus Christi bay and ULM? Renting a place on North Padre for Father's Day weekend and hoping to get the family on some fish. Plan to hit my usual areas and if it's not too windy would like to try the wells in Corpus bay. Has anyone has been having luck at the wells or you think it would be better to just head straight to my areas in the ULM! Planning to get croakers and shrimp. Probably throw topwaters at first light.

Comment

Working...
                                X