MMA SumerCamp Graduation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMA SumerCamp Graduation

A month ago we brought our son to Marine Military Academy summer camp program in Harlingen TX. Well its four week program and he graduated this weekend. Friday afternoon they had a field day where they participated in some events.(see flicker video for a laugh.) Well after the event we got to see our son and we were greeted by a taller and polite and transformed young man. Great program they have we were really impressed. Saturday was graduation, his platoon got best platoon 101 for close order drill and they got a badge for it. Then we came out to SPI for a few days to relax. Took him fishing this morning.
    Attached Files

I'm very proud of that young man

Comment

MMA SumerCamp Graduation

Very good program! I did that in 1998 with MSgt. Krause. It sucked but toughened me up!

Tell the young man congrats!

Comment

Comment

Few pics of camp.
          Attached Files

Comment

Congrats that's awesome. I just saw a picture on facebook of one of my wife's friends who sent their kids to renaissance fair camp...RENAISSANCE FAIRE CAMP! Those poor kids are going to get beat up a lot on high school

Comment

It was very impressive

Comment

Gunny Carson was my sons DI the three years he was there. They have an awesome program that can save a kids life...

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                  Very good program! I did that in 1998 with MSgt. Krause. It sucked but toughened me up!

Tell the young man congrats!
                  He was still there in 99' when I attended for a semester. Amazing institution.

Congrats to the young man.

Comment

That's awesome congrats to your boy.

Comment

I found this old thread in the search tool. My nephew wants to go to the camp this summer for 1 month. He is only 12. My brother said the informational meeting Tuesday night was really good. He has no behavioral issues but immature for 12 and naïve to the ways of the world. Being 5'8 and probably 150 pounds he looks like a 14 or 15 year old. Very smart and speaks Cantonese and Spanish fluently, also plays the piano effortlessly. Me and my brother both believe he needs more toughing up. He got his hunter safety certificate last summer but we could never find the right time to get him to the lease for some doe culling this year. He has thwacked all the squrrels and birds in their neighborhood with his pellet gun so not getting him on a deer was disappointing for me. I think this camp will be fun for him but also sever those apron strings with my sister in law as she never tells him NO.

Comment

There is something to be said for understanding g the word no. I had a client from up north that brought a 13 year old son. The kid was totally out if control on the boat and would do the exact opposite of what I advised. I got firm with him and his dad said they did not tell their kids "no". I made a real quick impression on the kid and dad. That was 10 years ago. We are friends today.

Comment

Great program, I did it back in the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            There is something to be said for understanding g the word no. I had a client from up north that brought a 13 year old son. The kid was totally out if control on the boat and would do the exact opposite of what I advised. I got firm with him and his dad said they did not tell their kids "no". I made a real quick impression on the kid and dad. That was 10 years ago. We are friends today.
                            He is not nearly that bad and extremely respectful of adults. He just has his mother wrapped around his little finger. He is a only child by OLDER parents (61 and 57) after years of super expensive fertility treatments. He is also the only male grandson or great grandson in the family. With his maturity level I believe this camp will give him a broader view of what "some" boys his age are doing.
                            Last edited by Landrover; 02-10-2022, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Being a former alum I can attest to the quality of this institution Good job

Comment

Working...
                              X