Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Trotliners, jug-liners, limb-liners, ect: New rules starting Feb. 1st, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention Trotliners, jug-liners, limb-liners, ect: New rules starting Feb. 1st, 2020

As stated in the title, new rules coming. I've got my own personal opinions about the reduce time slot. And disagree with it on Trotlines and the new required "flotes" on trotlines. There are new minimum size requirements on jugs (floats) on all juglines, trotlines, limblines, handlines, ect. as well.

Good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

maybe I'm missing something. But I can't see why people would wait 10 days to check there trot lines. I check mine everyday that I have them out. When I'm done i pull my lines up. 6 days seem long to me as well with the new law. Educate me on this. I'm new to catfishing. Always been a crappie and bass guy but really enjoy some good Ops.

Comment

Thanks for posting.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Is a pool noodle 3” wide?

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
            maybe I'm missing something. But I can't see why people would wait 10 days to check there trot lines. I check mine everyday that I have them out. When I'm done i pull my lines up. 6 days seem long to me as well with the new law. Educate me on this. I'm new to catfishing. Always been a crappie and bass guy but really enjoy some good Ops.
            It means you have to change the date on your gear tag every 6 days instead of every 10. Let’s say you go fishing on Saturday with a fresh gear tag. Pick up all your stuff at the end of the day. Now, next Saturday you want to go out again, you have to change your gear tag for the date. Whereas before, you had 10 days, which would cover you for two Saturday's in a row without having to change the date on your gear tag.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
              Depends on your pool noodle I reckon.

Comment

Don’t agree with having to put a float on a throw line.

I run limb lines on some very active stretches of river and like being able to hide them. Otherwise we get a lot of fish taken off our lines. Having to advertise with a float pretty much says free meal here

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                  It means you have to change the date on your gear tag every 6 days instead of every 10. Let’s say you go fishing on Saturday with a fresh gear tag. Pick up all your stuff at the end of the day. Now, next Saturday you want to go out again, you have to change your gear tag for the date. Whereas before, you had 10 days, which would cover you for two Saturday's in a row without having to change the date on your gear tag.

Thanks for the heads up OP.
                  Gotcha. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post

Some are, some are not.

Comment

I'm gonna need clarification from one of our resident GW's. In the past I just wrote my info and the date on the pvc pipe on my jugline. Can I still do this or is the tag now a requirement?

Comment

How about yo-yo’s?

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                          Don’t agree with having to put a float on a throw line.

I run limb lines on some very active stretches of river and like being able to hide them. Otherwise we get a lot of fish taken off our lines. Having to advertise with a float pretty much says free meal here
                          agreed. don't like it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never trotlined in Texas but did quite a bit in Mississippi with my grandfather when I was kid. What is this tag they are talking about?

Comment

Good info thx...not that I agree..esp with marked throw lines (cause thats free fish for who ever ) and theirs plenty of them out there...

Comment

Working...
                              X