Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
    Call comes in as burglary in progress.
    Caller stated he sees a flashlight inside and a window broke inward.
    LEO shows up, goes to front door, bangs on front door and yells “Richland County Police Department. Make yourself known”
    That was just on Live PD and how it should’ve gone down in Ft. Worth.
    For you LEO’s, why would you not do it as I described above?

That's what I say. Cop or cops at front and back, and announce police. Lady answers, questions asked, and everybody is still alive.
    Been a couple of incidents lately of police shooting a home owner in the home. Wasn't there one lately where a homeowner shot a cop who was outside his window, or was it the other way around. I remember reading about it but cannot locate story.

Comment

Great, now LEO's will have to go word by word off a script for every scenario. Like they don't deal with enough BS and worries already.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Great, now LEO's will have to go word by word off a script for every scenario. Like they don't deal with enough BS and worries already.
        That’s not what I’m implying at all and I know that wouldn’t ever work. Having said that, there is SOP’s and GO’s to follow. I can’t fathom this LEO followed it/them. Every situation they venture into may call for a different tactic but snooping around a house whispering when looking for a perp INSIDE a home doesn’t seem like a very good/proper tactic.
        I support LEO’s to the extreme and work beside them every day.
        The only thing I feel stronger about than that is our Constitution. This young lady’s Constitutional Rights were robbed from her, along with her life, and in there lies the problem.

Comment

Police depts., DA offices, Lawyers, all never give ALL of the info to the public so we may never know exactly what went on @ that house on that night. I definitely do not know enough to throw out a verdict. Even with all the "facts" presented here on the GS.
          With that said:
          Being a shift worker for over 45 yrs, I have not had a defined sleep pattern in a long time. Sometime I am up @ 2:30 in the morning cause couldn't sleep. And if the weather is right I may have the front door open instead of running the AC. I may be just puttering around the house enough to be mistaken for a burglar by someone looking in through the window. Also I have firearms close to arms reach in every room in my house because I live in a semi- sparsely inhabited area and have been known to fill my hand with one when hearing a suspicious noise outside.
          What I can hope for is that if a LE officer comes to investigate my suspicious activity, we can have a meaningful dialog before the firearms are leveled at anyone! Is that too much to ask?
          Last edited by locolobo; 10-21-2019, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            The issue is they look for evidence to show guilt not innocence.
            Uh. Pretty sure that's how the constitution is writ.

Comment

Originally posted by cfortner View Post
              Uh. Pretty sure that's how the constitution is writ.
              I was talking about all the internet judging warriors looking to hang any LEO.

Comment

Working...
              X