Scorpion just stung me in my bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scorpion just stung me in my bed

I’ve known it’s a possibility since we’ve owned this house. But #%+€£¥. I was sound asleep and it popped me on my back. Hopped up, light on and caught a glimpse of him crawling off. Managed to find him and dispatch. Not sure I’m going to rest well tonight or any night for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not cool!
    Only one good way to wake up @ 1am that I can think of[emoji4]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Being stung in bed happens a lot more than you think. Time to place some sticky traps out.

Comment

Your tongue and lips will go numb for 12 hours, or you will have an allergic reaction and need medical assistance.

Comment

Demon is your friend. I spray around the foundation outside and around the baseboards inside once per month. I’ve lived in Texas for over 40 years and last year was my first encounter with scorpions.

Comment

I buy Permethrin at the feed store. Mix it in a spray bottle and spray around doors (in and outside) and around the inside exterior walls only. It lasts like 6 mths inside but needs refreshing outside especially after rains. It is much safer to use than many chemicals and effective.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
              Demon is your friend. I spray around the foundation outside and around the baseboards inside once per month. I’ve lived in Texas for over 40 years and last year was my first encounter with scorpions.
              This right here

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Happened to me before too. I couldn’t sleep with the ceiling fan on for a month. The air blowing the hair on my legs made me think another one was crawling on me!

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post

This but I use CY-KICK inside, it leave a cleaner residue instead of the visible white residue of Demon.

I no longer have a scorpion problem.

Comment

Been popped twice. Once in bed. Once one was in my shirt sleeve. Long sleeve button down. He waited until after I got every button done and then stung me on that tender part of your arm just up from your armpit.......4 or 5 times before I could get that blasted shirt off. Sumbastages! Wish I had a video of that now. That was when our house was new. I would spray with Demon every few months and eventually they quit showing up. I haven’t seen one in 10 years around here.

Comment

Got me at the lease. Sorry.......................

Comment

Be glad you found him and dispatched him.
                        It has happened to me and we never did find the little demon! Wife and I didn't sleep the rest of that night.

Like the others have stated - just regular treatments around the house and inside doors.

Comment

Ive been lucky so far. But I see a couple every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                            Not cool!
                            Only one good way to wake up @ 1am that I can think of[emoji4]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                            Joe Biden giving you a soft kiss on the back of your head?

Comment

I had one inside my shirt that was hanging. Put my arms in to slip it on and whamo! I look every time now just in case.

Comment

Working...
                              X