Match set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Match set

The Slow Grendel build got me thinking. Would it be better to have a matched upper & lower receiver? I have a upper that came off my Radical 224 that I’ve tore apart because it was absolute junk!!! Junk being wouldn’t group with anything I feed it & they wouldn’t return my emails or calls. I even have the dealer I got it from call them. He got ahold of them & gave them all my information & still haven’t heard any thing. So I just junked the barrel. (Sorry about the rant it just irritates me every time I think about it.)

Anyway I’m getting a Ballistic Advantage Valkyrie barrel & was gonna use the upper but thinking about it since I’m gonna get another lower anyway I was thinking about just getting a match set. I’ve found a F1 billet upper & lower set I was looking at. Thoughts??

Valkerye has a lot of barrel issues. Hopefully the BA will be better but they were not performing that great in the past. I run BA barrels in all my stuff but havnt heard great things about the 224 barrels.
    Might take a look at sanders armory. Price is good and reviews on his 224 barrels is good
    Last edited by Yelladog; 04-25-2019, 08:18 AM.

Comment

I’ve been hearing a lot that “you might get a good barrel & you might not” in the Valkyrie. Which is really driving me crazy. I got that caliber for the long range target potential. I’ve been looking all over for a barrel. I’ve have the Ballistic Advantage, JP Enterprise, Criterion barrels on the list. I don’t mind spending the money on an expensive barrel as long as it performs like it should. I believe I’m gonna go with the F1 upper & lower set & a carbon fiber hand guard when I decide on which barrel.

Ugh this is giving me a headache!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
        I’ve been hearing a lot that “you might get a good barrel & you might not” in the Valkyrie. Which is really driving me crazy. I got that caliber for the long range target potential. I’ve been looking all over for a barrel. I’ve have the Ballistic Advantage, JP Enterprise, Criterion barrels on the list. I don’t mind spending the money on an expensive barrel as long as it performs like it should. I believe I’m gonna go with the F1 upper & lower set & a carbon fiber hand guard when I decide on which barrel.

Ugh this is giving me a headache!!!

I feel your pain I was dead set on building one till I went down the rabbit hole reading about accuracy issues. Seems like most barrels shoot either the light stuff or heavier stuff good but not both. F1 is a **** nice platform to build on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X