sawmill blade knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sawmill blade knife

spalted maple and walnut handles I stabilized,home made mosaic pins and the blade is made from an old sawmill blade
    Attached Files

Thats a cool looking blade...for sale.? Got more?

Comment

Originally posted by cnelson23 View Post
      Thats a cool looking blade...for sale.? Got more?

Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
        Pm sent

Never mind

Comment

She sure is pretty! Sawmill blades are my favorite. I have one I am working on and hope to post it up soon. Spalted wood is my favorite for handles as well as no two pieces will ever be the same. Are you using Cactus Juice to stabilize? If so I have been messing around with it myself and would like to compare our processes. I had marginal success at first but I did something completely by accident and it turned a corner for me. Ever since then I have been doing it the same way and my scales have turned out great. I would be interested in seeing if you had the same results.

Comment

I want that

Comment

Let me see the holster and send that sucker to me, Rick

Comment

Looks great. Would you share your stabilization process? I want to do some pen blanks.

Comment

Terry, again great work. Seeing these knives on the screen just don't do them justice.

Comment

Good job Terry; each one gets better and better.

Comment

Originally posted by akey View Post
                      She sure is pretty! Sawmill blades are my favorite. I have one I am working on and hope to post it up soon. Spalted wood is my favorite for handles as well as no two pieces will ever be the same. Are you using Cactus Juice to stabilize? If so I have been messing around with it myself and would like to compare our processes. I had marginal success at first but I did something completely by accident and it turned a corner for me. Ever since then I have been doing it the same way and my scales have turned out great. I would be interested in seeing if you had the same results.
                      Well I'm using a 3cfm pump with cactus juice its giving me 29 on the gauge.I've been told that's the best I'll get at my altitude I'm not sure on that though.after all the bubbles are out I let them soak with no vacuum over night.I think you need to leave the pump running during the entire vacuum process not just pull a vacuum and then shut a valve and turn the pump off because there's no where for the air to go.you can test that theory by pulling a vacuum then turn it off.bubbles will quit.turn it back on and I get bubbles again.now bare in mind I'm no pro

Comment

I've made a few of those back in school! Really fun and make great knives

Comment

Man I really like that knife

Comment

Man that's a good lookin knife! Might be my favorite one of yours that I have seen! Now you made me wanna get back on mine and finish it!

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                              Well I'm using a 3cfm pump with cactus juice its giving me 29 on the gauge.I've been told that's the best I'll get at my altitude I'm not sure on that though.after all the bubbles are out I let them soak with no vacuum over night.I think you need to leave the pump running during the entire vacuum process not just pull a vacuum and then shut a valve and turn the pump off because there's no where for the air to go.you can test that theory by pulling a vacuum then turn it off.bubbles will quit.turn it back on and I get bubbles again.now bare in mind I'm no pro
                              You are doing it very similarly to how I am. You are right about keeping the pump running. Turntex has some posts over on knifedogs about how to best use it and that was something he talked about. Where I noticed a big difference was the soak time. I let it soak for 3 days by accident just because I had something come up and it seems like that made a big difference in the density. Especially with really dry wood. I don't know if there would be much difference between 1 or 3 days.

Comment

Working...
                              X