Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had some cheap game cams that ate batteries so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
    Did you ever have to replace the battery? Did the panel keep it charged?
    You will need to add a couple of cheap solar panels or at least 1 expensive one.

I run 3 moultires that are all hooked up to small deep cycle batteries I bought from Academy. I use 3 of the $15 solar panels that they sell at Buccees to keep them charged. I have run my cameras for over a year this way.

Comment

Looking good stunt. Nice work!

I did something similar with a 6 volt and a solar panel........I just checked my camera after 3 months because i couldnt get back to the lease after general season.....10,918 pic and the battery still reads full charge.. Have had it out since July and have probably taken 25K pics total on one...15K on the other....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7990.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	24296879

Click image for larger version

Name:	AAA mounts.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	24296880

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Looking good stunt. Nice work!

I did something similar with a 6 volt and a solar panel........I just checked my camera after 3 months because i couldnt get back to the lease after general season.....10,918 pic and the battery still reads full charge.. Have had it out since July and have probably taken 25K pics total on one...15K on the other....

[ATTACH]610987[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]610988[/ATTACH]
        Do you have the link to these in a DIY thread? Awesome

Comment

I do not but send me your email. I have some other pics of the build

Comment

Y'all's are fancy. I just wired mine to the battery and attached the camera, the battery, and the solar panel to a 2x4.

Comment

Mine are also showing full Smart. Should save me lots of headaches from having a dead camera at the worst times.

Comment

Had some cheap game cams that ate batteries so...

Originally posted by BIGTERRY75 View Post
                Y'all's are fancy. I just wired mine to the battery and attached the camera, the battery, and the solar panel to a 2x4.
                I can certainly appreciate the simplicity and the cost factor there.

I just try to protect my camera from the elements as much as I can. A similar setup gave me 5 years on a set of 2 Scoutguards and a BTC I owned when most other folks were getting about half that. Plus our coons like to yank wires. I hope to get another 3-4 on these Moultrie M-80s doing the same.

Comment

I'm gonna do this!!

Comment

Freaking sweet!

Comment

Working...
                    X