Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-14-2014, 06:12 PM   #1
The Texan
Eight Point

Hunt In: Caldwell and Hays county
Default Krivoman bow blinds

Im wanting to get a couple blinds that I can take my dad hunting with me in and something that will keep me out of the rain/cold. Ive looked at the Krivoman and like them I'm just wanting to get the green screens opinion on if the 6ft diameter or the 8ft would work better and if I should get one with a floor/ stand. Also do y'all think Krivoman blinds are the way to go?

Thanks
The Texan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #2
GLM
Eight Point

Hunt In: East Texas

Following.
I am also considering the Turtle Blind.
http://www.jwwildlifeco.com/
GLM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #3
dgilbert
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coke Co

Just got mine, hadn't put it to use yet, setting it up this weekend, can't wait to try it out though.
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #4
Hookem2255
Eight Point

Hunt In: Dryden & Wimberly

Well made blinds...easy to work with and move around. I have a classic, but think I may pick up the big one this year as well. Ive never hunter two people in mine...but it seems like it would have decent room. the 8 footer would for sure. I built a platform for mine...I like being elevated way better than being on the ground. Can't go wrong with a Krivoman IMO...I haven't used the turtle, or even seen one in person. Krivomans windows are awesome too.
Hookem2255 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2014, 08:54 PM   #5
txlawdog
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lawdog Ranch Leakey TX in Real County

Following, I'm curious about the outside edge. If I mount it to a platform deck with plywood do I need to seal the edge to keep water from coming underneath? If so I guess I could cut the floor to fit the outside edge?????
txlawdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2014, 08:54 PM   #6
Jboettiger
Nubbin' Buck

Just picked up 3 from Mitch and got them settled into place. Very smooth buying process, easy pick up and placement on location. Two are on platforms and one on the ground. The only set up issue was self induced with one of the platforms being just over 8 feet tall, which presented some challenges. Once in place, getting the blinds secured and prepped was easy.
Jboettiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #7
Chance Love
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill Country and South Texas

I have 3 Krivoman blinds and should be getting a 4th soon. IMO there is not a better bow blind on the market. All of ours are the regular 6' size and we hunt 2 people a lot with paying hunters. That 8' blind will be more than enough room for sure. Honestly I would save your time and not even shop around. They are that good.
Chance Love is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2014, 09:07 PM   #8
8pointer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher county

Easy to transport and easy to set up. Me and my buddy just bought 4 and picked them up on Friday. For this year we opted to keep them on the ground and just put 2 horse stall mats underneath. we painted them and they turned out good.

We had a few extra windows put in to give us more shooting options.
8pointer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2014, 09:09 PM   #9
MOY
Eight Point

What's the price on one
MOY is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2014, 09:09 PM   #10
Humper
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green Co.

Krivoman blinds are the bomb. The turtle blinds are a little too flimsy for my taste.....

My blind is on an 8 ft platform and keeps me dry and warm.
Humper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2014, 09:13 PM   #11
Sneaky
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hays, Milam, Caldwell, Hamilton, Burnet, Williamson, Bastrop

Can't go wrong with Krivoman products! !
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2014, 09:15 PM   #12
berto
Ten Point

Hunt In: San Saba

IM hoping to get one in the future.
berto is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2014, 10:26 PM   #13
huntresss
Ten Point

Hunt In: Pontotoc, OK

8 pointer - is that a vent on top of yours? If so, where did you get it? Our hunters can't use our krivoman blinds now since they are too hot. Everybody is fighting to use the Maverick blinds since they are so well ventilated. I tried ordering the vents that Mitch sells but haven't been able to get and it's been over 6 months that we've been trying to get some. If you have any suggestions on where else we can get them I'dI appreciate the info. I sure would like for our hunters to be able to.use the blinds!
huntresss is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2014, 10:39 PM   #14
pigstika1978
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntresss View Post
8 pointer - is that a vent on top of yours? If so, where did you get it? Our hunters can't use our krivoman blinds now since they are too hot. Everybody is fighting to use the Maverick blinds since they are so well ventilated. I tried ordering the vents that Mitch sells but haven't been able to get and it's been over 6 months that we've been trying to get some. If you have any suggestions on where else we can get them I'dI appreciate the info. I sure would like for our hunters to be able to.use the blinds!

Home Depot
pigstika1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2014, 10:41 PM   #15
Hookem2255
Eight Point

Hunt In: Dryden & Wimberly

Quote:
I bought mine before he started including the vent...He continues to change up the windows and doors making them better and better. I took some PVC and made a vent for mine. Cut a hole in the top with a 1.5 hole saw and used a coupler to tighten it down. It has a 90 degree turn so rain cant get in and a part of a window screen to keep the bugs out. Prob 2-3 dollars in supplies and seems to work...still gets hot inside with the windows closed or just one open.

Ive been wondering about the water and the outer edge too...I just screwed mine down to the platform every foot or so, if it leaks terribly, i'm going to run a bead of silicone to seal it up.
Hookem2255 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2014, 10:45 PM   #16
Krivoman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Ranch Owner, Lampasas County

Quote:

Sure wish i could get you some, problem is i have can not get enough vents to go on the blinds i am currently building. Same goes for doors. Have had severL inquiries for door kits to go on older blinds but can n get enough for me much less to sell.

That is also the reason i have not charged you anything for the vents. Dont want to take money for anything i can not sale you yet. As soon as i have extras i can sell them to you... I have orders here for over thirty vents on blinds and my last shipment there were only 20 vents sent... Trying to get them made faster. Just the way it is going right now...

As for getting other vents i have sent your husband detailed pictures on how to make a vent for about 15 bucks with pvc if iT was critical...
Krivoman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2014, 11:16 PM   #17
Chance Love
Pope & Young

Quote:
That's the first time I've EVER heard of anyone preferring one of those Maverick blinds. And to my knowledge they don't make a vent for them. I could be wrong about that though. Or are they simply "ventilated" in the cracks where they piece together? I'm not trying to get under your skin, just very surprised.

I choose not to vent my blinds as I am more concerned with scent control than heat. If it's hot enough (EVERY BLIND IS HOT IN TEXAS), we will just use a small fan. That makes a big difference and doesn't spook any animals.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:00 AM   #18
huntresss
Ten Point

Hunt In: Pontotoc, OK

Chance, it's not the blind itself they prefer, it's just that the Krivoman is too hot to hunt from. The Maverick has six windows so they can open more windows to allow for some airflow. We are booked up with hunters from now through next May so we don't have the time to fabricate the vents ourselves. I'd gladly pay somebody to do it for us! I just wasn't aware that we weren't going to be able to get the vents. It's a shame to have such nice blinds and nobody is using them. I know you don't want to sell us two vents Mitch but there sure are several folks we've had inquire about the blinds we use, including a game ranger here that wants to order a couple dozen. Can't you please, pretty please, help us out here? I only need two. Pleeeaaaaaasseeee?
huntresss is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2014, 08:07 AM   #19
The Manager
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brady, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krivoman View Post
Sure wish i could get you some, problem is i have can not get enough vents to go on the blinds i am currently building. Same goes for doors. Have had severL inquiries for door kits to go on older blinds but can n get enough for me much less to sell.

That is also the reason i have not charged you anything for the vents. Dont want to take money for anything i can not sale you yet. As soon as i have extras i can sell them to you... I have orders here for over thirty vents on blinds and my last shipment there were only 20 vents sent... Trying to get them made faster. Just the way it is going right now...

As for getting other vents i have sent your husband detailed pictures on how to make a vent for about 15 bucks with pvc if iT was critical...

Mitch send me the instructions for the vent when you get time. Also can I upgrade my windows to the ones yyou use now? Just shoot me a pm.
The Manager is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2014, 08:41 AM   #20
Chance Love
Pope & Young

Quote:
Chance, it's not the blind itself they prefer, it's just that the Krivoman is too hot to hunt from. The Maverick has six windows so they can open more windows to allow for some airflow. We are booked up with hunters from now through next May so we don't have the time to fabricate the vents ourselves. I'd gladly pay somebody to do it for us! I just wasn't aware that we weren't going to be able to get the vents. It's a shame to have such nice blinds and nobody is using them. I know you don't want to sell us two vents Mitch but there sure are several folks we've had inquire about the blinds we use, including a game ranger here that wants to order a couple dozen. Can't you please, pretty please, help us out here? I only need two. Pleeeaaaaaasseeee?
Just get some of those small battery operated fans. The kind that fold down when not in use. They are very quiet and make a world of difference. As a bowhunter, I MUCH prefer this over opening a bunch of windows and having that much more scent blowing around for the deer to run into. The lack of air "leaks" in Mitch's blinds are one of the biggest positives to me. Human scent is one of the very hardest things to control in general. His blinds make that a lot easier. Temperature can easily be overcome with one of these fans. And we just leave them in the blinds all the time.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:41 AM   #21
gonehuntin68
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Victoria county

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance Love View Post
Just get some of those small battery operated fans. The kind that fold down when not in use. They are very quiet and make a world of difference. As a bowhunter, I MUCH prefer this over opening a bunch of windows and having that much more scent blowing around for the deer to run into. The lack of air "leaks" in Mitch's blinds are one of the biggest positives to me. Human scent is one of the very hardest things to control in general. His blinds make that a lot easier. Temperature can easily be overcome with one of these fans. And we just leave them in the blinds all the time.
I agree, one of those fans makes a world of difference.
gonehuntin68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2014, 09:48 AM   #22
GLM
Eight Point

Quote:
Why not build your own cooling system?
http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=459585
Old 07-15-2014, 09:50 AM   #23
JAGR
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Are you talking about the little hand held fans?
JAGR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2014, 09:56 AM   #24
westexasagent
Ten Point

Hunt In: texas

I have a turtle blind (4 years) and love it but my next will be a Krivo. I like someone that makes them in Texas that I can deal with directly plus price is better. I can suggest what I did with my turtle blind...I bought rubber horse stall mats (2) at Tractor supply and sat the blind on top of it...then trace the base of it on the mats with a white crayon...then cut out the circle with a jig saw. Taaadaaa...rubber floor that is quiet and easy to clean. Then I drilled holes in the lip along the base edges and bought 3 foot heavy metal stakes I got at hardware store. I drove the stake through the holes and through the rubber floor into the ground to secure everything. 4 years and some 60 mph west texas winds and not a problem! For scent control...I don't minimize it!!! Every time I go to fill the feeders (protein and corn) I spray Ortho Home defense bug spray all in the blind!!! The deer smell it for months before I ever get in it and don't think a thing about it. Great cover and kills everything that might crawl in it. Never found a snake near them either. Not even mice poop so they aren't liking the Ortho either.
westexasagent is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2014, 09:59 AM   #25
westexasagent
Ten Point

For cooling off...I take a cold shower before going to blind. I wear underarmor underwear and a black underarmor shirt and head net. Then I freeze a couple wet rags in a zip lock bag I bring in my pack and wipe myself as I get too hot in blind. Works for me and the rags are HEAVEN. I usually have to bear an hour maybe two before temp starts dropping.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:01 AM   #26
westexasagent
Ten Point

The primos quiet fans are nice but not a huge difference for me. I get the wind/breeze right and open windows and let it blow thru for an hour or so then close them as the killing hour gets close. Just my 2 cents worth
Old 07-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #27
ArrowHead
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills county

I just ordered a new 6' Krivo blind.I cannot wait until bow season!Are you guys staking them down ,when placed on the ground with the horse stall mats??
ArrowHead is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2014, 10:15 AM   #28
dharris
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings

For two people I would get the 8ft one. I put my 6ft one on a wood deck on the ground. Love it
dharris is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #29
Chance Love
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by STXBowhunter View Post
Are you talking about the little hand held fans?
No. They fold up. When you fold them out they can sit on the ground or a shelf or something. They are about 6"x6" or 8"x8", something like that. I've never bought one actually. An old lease partner left them behind. I used to give him a hard time about being a sissy and using the fans. But now I'm sure glad he left them!
Old 07-15-2014, 12:37 PM   #30
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

I sent Mitch a PM but will ask here as well. Looking at the Big Boy but on his website it doesn't show the windows framed out like the Classic. Is this the case?
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2014, 12:38 PM   #31
The Texan
Eight Point

Hunt In: Caldwell and Hays county

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
I sent Mitch a PM but will ask here as well. Looking at the Big Boy but on his website it doesn't show the windows framed out like the Classic. Is this the case?
I believe the 8 foot ones will not be available until mid August
The Texan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2014, 01:09 PM   #32
ArcheryAddict
Ten Point

Hunt In: La Pryor

Sending my deposit today or tomorrow. Was supposed to have done it Friday. Ooops!
ArcheryAddict is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #33
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Texan View Post
I believe the 8 foot ones will not be available until mid August
That would actually be about right as far getting it set up. I just want the windows to be framed like they are on the "Classic"
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #34
JackFlash
Ten Point

Hunt In: central and south texas

will they blow over or away if not staked down?
JackFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2014, 02:45 PM   #35
ArrowHead
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills county

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
will they blow over or away if not staked down?
Yes! I am wanting to know this ^^^ myself.
ArrowHead is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #36
Krivoman
Pope & Young

Ok. Lots of questions. Just came in from building blinds. I will try to cover most without the multi quote tool.

Huntress- I am going to go to my ranch and pull them off a couple of my blinds. Then I will ship them to you. You will still have to cut a hole in the top of the blind to make them work but it is simple.

The big boy is always available just have to order it. My Window frames are all the same now. Very happy with the new molds.

These blinds are very hard to blow over due to the round design. Have had 60mph winds at house and they did not budge. The bottom has a 2.5 inch lip in it so they are easy to drive a stake down threw it.

Chance- the fan you are thinking about is made by
O2 cool fan. Hold 8 D batteries and last forever and work great.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:24 PM   #37
Krivoman
Pope & Young

Here is the Fan in question.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:25 PM   #38
Krivoman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Here is the Fan in question.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #39
westexasagent
Ten Point

I never had mine out there without stakes so good to know!!! I didn't want to risk it. I like the design of these much better.Shoot thru mesh over windows makes em deadly!!!!
Old 07-15-2014, 05:14 PM   #40
GLM
Eight Point

I would like to see them before I buy. Georgetown is 3 hours from Houston. Does anyone have one near Houston that I can look at?
Old 07-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #41
hammer63
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kinney Co.TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' G Ranch View Post
I would like to see them before I buy. Georgetown is 3 hours from Houston. Does anyone have one near Houston that I can look at?
There will be a couple at Houston TTH Extravaganza...mine!!
hammer63 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-15-2014, 05:21 PM   #42
GLM
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer63 View Post
What's are the dates? Is it held at the George Brown Convention Center?
Old 07-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #43
hammer63
Ten Point

Reliant...August 1, 2 and 3
Old 07-15-2014, 05:25 PM   #44
GLM
Eight Point

Quote:
Reliant...August 1, 2 and 3
Dang - I'm gonna be out of town that weekend!
Old 07-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #45
berto
Ten Point

Quote:

If we buy one there when would they be ready ? Same price or marked up for TTH?
Old 07-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #46
hammer63
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by berto View Post
If we buy one there when would they be ready ? Same price or marked up for TTH?
Send Krivoman a PM for info on how to order from him. If I weren't on such a tight schedule, I'd prolly be willing to let him sell mine at TTH but....I gotta have 'em that weekend to take 'em to my lease the following weekend.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:31 PM   #47
berto
Ten Point

Quote:
Send Krivoman a PM for info on how to order from him. If I weren't on such a tight schedule, I'd prolly be willing to let him sell mine at TTH but....I gotta have 'em that weekend to take 'em to my lease the following weekend.
Are they going to be inside on display? I just wanna check them out, I'll prob have to end up hunting out my pop up this year. I was just thinking if I got a wild hair up my *** and bought one that weekend lol
Old 07-15-2014, 07:24 PM   #48
Krivoman
Pope & Young

Prices will be the same at show as they are on www.krivomanoutdoors.com

But prices are going up in 2015 due to the new molds costing me more... Just a heads up.....
Old 07-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #49
berto
Ten Point

Awesome
Old 07-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #50
hoythunter02
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady, Texas

Quote:
Prices will be the same at show as they are on www.krivomanoutdoors.com

But prices are going up in 2015 due to the new molds costing me more... Just a heads up.....
Will you have blinds on sight with you to buy and bring home from show?
hoythunter02 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top