Generators and Deer Camp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generators and Deer Camp?

Go where the deer are bigger! If having electricity means I am right on top of a bunch of people I would probably go without. I have hunted a lease without electricity for a long time and it's not that big of a deal. However I am taking steps this year so that we will use the generator less. (12v led lights, solar panels, etc.). It does get tiring pouring gas, changing oil etc. but if you want AC or an electric heater you need a gen.

Comment

Just bought the super quiet Honda 3000w generator. Freaking quiet is all I have to say.

Comment

Electricity for me.

Comment

Thinking of getting the EU7000 Honda generator myself. I have been without electricity for 7 years. It sucks! And my quote for electricity from a area company put me at $30,000. No thanks!

Comment

If you do a generator...HONDA... period..the END

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
              Go where the deer are bigger! If having electricity means I am right on top of a bunch of people I would probably go without. I have hunted a lease without electricity for a long time and it's not that big of a deal. However I am taking steps this year so that we will use the generator less. (12v led lights, solar panels, etc.). It does get tiring pouring gas, changing oil etc. but if you want AC or an electric heater you need a gen.

Sounds like a thread if it's own.

Comment

I hunt 2 leases.. 1 with electricity, 1 without. Hands down go with electric. It's always on, no gas, no maintenance, you can leave refrigerator on, when it's cold you can leave small heater running so when you get in from hunt trailer is warm.

Lease without elec, hauling 20-30 gals of gas each weekend gets old quick.

Electricity hands down..Mama will be much happier..

Comment

?

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
                  Just bought the super quiet Honda 3000w generator. Freaking quiet is all I have to say.

What's the general range of costs for one? Sorry to ask, always think it's rude to ask someone what they paid for something? It's really a question for me as the other camp is really good, except for the blasted electric situation!

Comment

Originally posted by swampranger View Post
                    go with the electricity....... You can leave the fridge loaded.... Sucks having to haul food every time you go
                    for sure!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                      What's the general range of costs for one? Sorry to ask, always think it's rude to ask someone what they paid for something? It's really a question for me as the other camp is really good, except for the blasted electric situation!
                      Paid $1700 delivered for mine on Ebay,brand new in the box.I have seen them listed for as much as $2200.I just used mine for the whole season and it worked great.Runs 20 hours on 3 gallons of gas with a real light load.If you run a 1500 watt heater it will run for 10 hours.We ran the microwave,satellite,tv,heaters,ect with no problem.I have heard of folks running a 13,500 ac on campers with no problems with this generator.Champion makes a 3100 inverter that is about 1/2 the price but I have never seen one in person.

Comment

double post.

Comment

Been saving my $$ and getting on my TBH son's lease for 2016. They just got another section of ranch land, put's them at just under 2000 acres for next year. One camp has electric, no water...the one they just got has a camp "party house," several expensive covered sites for an RV but NO electric.

So, my decision: Do I take a spot with the other lease members at the camp that has electric...or do I opt for the "open" spots at the other camp? The "open" spots are only a quarter of a mile from the main camp, concrete slabs for 3 RV's, easy access but again..no power? What type generator would I need to run up to a 30' RV? It would have to run lights, AC and if easier on the generator...just space heaters? Of course, would also need to power water pump, microwave and fridge.

The other guys bring in water and transfer to their RV holding tanks, done this before so no problem with that. My ONLY experience with generators was a motor home I had years ago..fully self contained. It did great, but a little noisy.

Any thoughts or opinions? I will have to find an RV, put in a "red neck" septic..yeah, those 55 gallon barrels in the ground....so need some experienced advice.

Thanks GS!

You could go with generator at open spot an
                          d put solar power on top of trailer to run fridge only.

Comment

I bought a Champion 4000w peak from Camping World recently for $300.

Ran my 36' Rockwood no problem needing heat. In warm weather, it would only push 1 of my A/C units only I assume and just that.

Only used about 4 gallons of gas all weekend. Ran surprising pretty quiet compared to most.

Comment

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post

Yep, amazing how quiet

Comment

Looking more interesting as the comments come in...following and thanks all!

Comment

Working...
                                X