Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private Land Hunt Schreiner Park- Kerrville

since i made a DA reply to a post that was a year old. lol
    my dates are dec 15-17, yea last hunt. who from the green screen was drawn for the park? I'm looking forward to it with my grandson and nephew. should be fun.

I been there.

Course, I'd been to that park several times before they started the hunt years ago too. Some of the WT would eat out of your hand back then. But things have changed since then.

We stayed in one of the cabins near the river. I was really surprised how warm they were. Only down side is no pets and no cooking inside the cabins. But you could eat in there. And no alcohol in the park period. I can live without it anyway . They were really clean too. 4 bunks, a broom, wall outlets, and a picnic table inside. Also have A/C. When we got there it was 28 degrees. That lil wall heter had the place up to 78 in 15 minutes! And there is an outside electric outlet. And an outside picnic table to cook on. We had cabin #1. $56 night.

Comment

Cut lots of cedar and brush your self in really good.

Comment

That's the last hunt and will be really tough. They take you to your spot and pick you up, you have to stay within 50 yards of a flagged stack they put out. so all of the previous hunters have been set up within a 50 yard rad. I am not trying to discourage but prepare you for it, I had the last hunt last year and did not see an animal.

Comment

I had the last hunt a few years ago with the same result. They have 12 preset hunting locations and 12 hunters each hunt. None of the spots get rested at all so the last couple hunts are difficult at best. I still put in for it every year, but only put in for the first two hunts.
          I stayed in the cabins too and it was much better than a tent, or my truck, or driving into town to a motel. There is also a shower/bathroom centrally located in the park.

Comment

that's what i'm hearing, have a cabin on the river rented already so we're set. we'll hope for the best, thanks

Comment

I've hunted it twice and fortunately both were the first hunts
              The deer learn on day 1 what you are doing
              Don't pass a shot opportunity

Both times I was there I had deer on me the first day and hardly saw an animal the next 2 days

I like going there and still put in for this one every year.

Comment

We live here and "hike" in the park a good bit. Rarely see deer unless they are in the big field up front. The rest is all thick cedar. Good luck....

Comment

Was out there yesterday evening and saw the most deer I have seen in a single trip. Lots around and in the camping areas but were mostly does with big fawns. Saw two really nice bucks up near the front, but don't think either would make AR unfortunately. One was a big 8 and the other was a huge 7. There were about 20 other does, one axis buck and a black buck doe were up in the SE corner of the open front area not far from the teepee. The two bigger bucks were on the road just past them a little further south...

Comment

Can't wait

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                      since i made a DA reply to a post that was a year old. lol
                      my dates are dec 15-17, yea last hunt. who from the green screen was drawn for the park? I'm looking forward to it with my grandson and nephew. should be fun.
                      I'll be there Dec. 11-13. I'm flying solo, so I am thinking about tent camping, but...

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      I been there.

We stayed in one of the cabins near the river. I was really surprised how warm they were. When we got there it was 28 degrees. That lil wall heter had the place up to 78 in 15 minutes!
                      If its going to be that cold, I may rent a cabin.

Comment

we have a cabin reserved already

Comment

We will be out there on the 15th, love this hunt.
                          We carried alfalfa and corn last year and had plenty of animals to look at.
                          Got a spike on Saturday morning and it was a cold hunt.

Comment

Taking it to the top. Keep us posted how y'all do out there.

Comment

Will do. Weather is predicted to cool off finally.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X