Padre Island PINS Park Rangers pulling over everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Padre Island PINS Park Rangers pulling over everyone

We spent the day on PINS Sunday soaking some lines about 3 miles down then beach and we saw this ranger pulling over all kinds of cars. Some were driving fast, like everyone does, and some were driving slow around the 15mph speed limit.

She stopped a couple people right by were we were fishing but she never hassled us.

Do they randomly stop people? Maybe they were checking for drunks? Do you think they were all speeding?

Anyone have any ideas?

My BIL was ticketed for not having his seat belt on in his jeep. He did not mine since his wife was holding his beer.

Comment

Getting the word out before summer.

See it works!

Comment

I've always heard of rangers doing this so I drive the speed limit when I'm there. I've never actually seen a ranger but looks like I'll continue to drive slow.

Comment

I was out there Sunday and didn’t see one ranger, though there were quite a few turtle patrol buggies, From 25 miles down PINS to the pavement.

Comment

yea there were tons of green turtles in the surf we saw at least 10. It almost made up for not catching much

Comment

With turtle nesting season, the speed limit is 15mph the entire beach.
              There is a good chance they had been speeding.

I've only been pulled over once out there, and that was because my wife got worried and thought I should have been home sooner (it was a good day fishing :-) )

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Turtle time! It's best to "mind" the first 5-10 miles especially this time of year.

The more important question is did you catch anything?

Comment

I can assure you they run radar, per my passport 8500. Used to be once you got past the 10-sh mm, no real problem with seeing rangers

Comment

Man I threw everything at those **** fish, mullet, skipjack and whitting but the fish weren't having it. Normally I kayak out bait to the third sand bar and beyond. Something picked up a 12" whitting and ran with it for maybe 20 yards but dropped it.

Is this turtle nesting time. I have never seen so many turtles there before..

Comment

We ended up catching a few decent black tips, one on whiting and the other on cut blue fish.

Comment

Working...
                      X