Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitcher son's new chapter as a Javelina!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
    This is truly awesome! Coach Dave: the fact that you took time out to go find Eric, who you've really only known from my posts on here is awesome. He was impressed. Heck, I am impressed, as well! Thanks so much. Really shows the kind of spirit that exists on TBH among the brotherhood. You rock, sir!
    My pleasure. It was fairly easy. Went to the bull pen and said which one of you guys is a submarine pitcher from Navarro. They all looked at me like who the sam hill is this guy? He was standing right beside me.
    He did mention for you to "send money" he was a starving college kid

Comment

Thanks, again, Dave. That's funny.

Update: Saturday's game was postponed until today due to heavy rain Friday rendering the field unplayable. Anyway, Javelinas currently lead Cameron Aggies 1-0 in the 4th inning. Game is being streamed live at the link I'll post below. In case you can't access it that way, just go to the TAMUK Baseball site, click on Schedule, then scroll down to today's game and click on Watch. They have announcers, replays and everything!

Comment

Update: Today's game. TAMUK lost 8-3 versus Cameron. Eric didn't pitch.
        Play again tomorrow at 1 p.m.

Comment

Update:

The bad news is the team lost today 5-4 in the 12th inning. From my standpoint, Eric put forth an epic effort to keep his team in it. Entering after the 3rd Inning, Eric pitched 8 complete innings, yielding No Earned Runs on only 2 hits, while striking out 6. Did all this in 96 pitches. Not bad for a short-term reliever and closer, historically. After he finished the 11th, Cameron got a man on in the 12th, and ultimately singled him in for the win.

So, Eric didn't figure in the Box Score, but his ERA is now 1.95, and he has 27 Strikeouts in 27.2 Innings Pitched.

His record remains: 4-0, with 3 Saves

Comment

Appreciating the views, y'all. Feel free to throw in an 'attaboy'. Frankly, today's performance blows me away.

Comment

Cool thing is that these long stints are giving entire line-ups two or three looks at Eric without being able to hit the ball squarely. A recap article a couple of weeks ago referred to Eric and another Javelina reliever "mystifying" a potent line-up from West Texas A&M.

Comment

It was only three weeks ago, that this short-stint/closer went 6 innings and 101 pitches against Angelo State. Now, he goes 8 innings. Closest stamina comparison I can recall is going back to 8th grade, when he threw a complete game 78-pitch gem for a semi-final World Series win in a USSSA select game. Neat thing about that series was the fact that his teammates voted him their season's Most Valuable Player.

Comment

Here's the recap of Monday's game, from the Javelina website.

Nice subhead: "Sandoz throws eight scoreless innings in relief with six strikeouts"

Comment

TBH brothers and sisters: help me out, please. Follow me on Twitter as Tradtiger @Tradtiger and Tradtiger@Tradtiger1. (Apparently I accidentally opened two different accounts). Feel free to retweet to all followers -- especially baseball people and scouts.

Anyway, my purpose -- stated clearly on Twitter -- for being on Twitter -- is to try and get son Eric @TheSoarin_Eagle Sandoz #submarine pitcher into pro baseball AND to help other parents get their young athletes into college level sports.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by tradtiger; 04-04-2019, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Update:
                      Javelinas took the series over Tarleton State, winning three out of four. Anticipating weather today, played two 9-inning games yesterday. Eric pitched 3.2 innings in the final game. He struck out 7 in that span, allowing only two hits and one run. The run is his first earned run allowed since early February. Season stats now: ERA 2.01, with 34K's in 31.2 IP; Batting Avg Against .176. Record 4-0, w/3 Saves.

Comment

Update:
                        Javelinas took the series over Tarleton State, winning three out of four. Anticipating weather today, played two 9-inning games yesterday. Eric pitched 3.2 innings in the final game. He struck out 7 in that span, allowing only two hits and one run. The run is his first earned run allowed since early February. Season stats now: ERA 2.01, with 34K's in 31.2 IP; Batting Avg Against .176. Record 4-0, w/3 Saves.

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                          Thanks for the thumbs up, sir. As well as the positive remarks on the Astros thread.

Comment

Update:
                            TAMUK Javelinas split this weekend's series (last game today, due to weather) 2-2. Eric only pitched in today's game and took the loss in a 5-4 contest. He allowed No Earned Runs on 2 hits over 4.2 Innings Pitched, while striking out 5, allowing only 2 hits. His ERA is now 1.75, with 39 K's over 36 IP; opponents BA now .168 -- having allowed only 21 hits in 125 at bats. His record is now 4-1, w 3 Saves.

Comment

Update:

Bittersweet moment. Last day as a Javelina. Last day as a college pitcher. Played in the Lone Star Conference semi-final tournament today versus West Texas A&M's Buffaloes. Our Texas A&M-Kingsville Javelinas couldn't quite figure out starter Joe Beckett's 95 mph FB, along with a nice breaking ball. Final was 2-0, Buffs.

Eric entered in the fourth with 2 on, 1 out; threw 3 pitches and got a ground-ball double play. Went on to allow No Runs on 2 Hits, with 3 Strikeouts over Four complete innings.

Finishes his career this season at TAMUK as follows: ERA 2.35; 46 Innings Pitched; 48 Strikeouts; .189 Opponents BA; 4-1, with 3 Saves.

Edit: Want to add a note of thanks to classy WT Buff fans. No less than 4 parents made a point to speak to me and offer compliments for the way Eric pitched. That is a good-hitting team he shut down.
                              Last edited by tradtiger; 05-11-2019, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Update:

Bittersweet moment. Last day as a Javelina. Last day as a college pitcher. Played in the Lone Star Conference semi-final tournament today versus West Texas A&M's Buffaloes. Our Texas A&M-Kingsville Javelinas couldn't quite figure out starter Joe Beckett's 95 mph FB, along with a nice breaking ball. Final was 2-0, Buffs.

Eric entered in the fourth with 2 on, 1 out; threw 3 pitches and got a ground-ball double play. Went on to allow No Runs on 2 Hits, with 3 Strikeouts over Four complete innings.

Finishes his career this season at TAMUK as follows: ERA 2.35; 46 Innings Pitched; 48 Strikeouts; .189 Opponents BA; 4-1, with 3 Saves.

Edit: Want to add a note of thanks to classy WT Buff fans. No less than 4 parents made a point to speak to me and offer compliments for the way Eric pitched. That is a good-hitting team he shut down.
                                Congrats to him and you! Weird feeling when it’s all over for sure

Comment

Working...
                                X