Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you use turkey decoys at LBJ Grasslands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you use turkey decoys at LBJ Grasslands?

Where are the hogs too? Help somebody. What are the guns restrictions at Lake Lavon too? I need a kill on video of hogs during th early morning or late afternoon. It has to be on public hunting land HELP!!!!

Tool

Not sure about the grasslands and decoys, but Lake Lavon is Shotgun or bow hunting only in certain areas..There s a Corps map that shows where you can and can't hunt.. Good luck.. Steve

Comment

sure you can use decoys on LBJ......just no baiting.
      and the Lavon web site will give you the particulars about the hows and wheres of hunting.

Comment

Yeah you can use decoys and a hen call.But I sure wouldn't use a gobler call...UNLESS YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH!!!

Comment

Thanks for the input your right.

No Doubt. Hen call it is. Can't wait for spring hunt. Does anybody want to meet up then if I'm not booked. We will video and hopefully bag-em and tag-em. Photos too. Go look at some of my work this last year or two.

Some Cool Video and Photos

Originally posted by buzzcut View Post
          Yeah you can use decoys and a hen call.But I sure wouldn't use a gobler call...UNLESS YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH!!!

Comment

I have used decoys at the LBJ.

Slim had one tore up by a hen a few years back.

Comment

I won't lie I admittedly suck at turkey hunting but I have successfully called in a hen just didn't have a time with her or she was actually headed there and I just got lucky but I'll be trying again this weekend, love to hang out with tool master or anybody who knows more and is willing to share with an old man that didn't get into turkey hunting till it was too late, I believe this is my fourth year to try to put an arrow in one ,unsuccessfully so far

Comment

Originally posted by Blessed to hunt View Post
                I won't lie I admittedly suck at turkey hunting but I have successfully called in a hen just didn't have a time with her or she was actually headed there and I just got lucky but I'll be trying again this weekend, love to hang out with tool master or anybody who knows more and is willing to share with an old man that didn't get into turkey hunting till it was too late, I believe this is my fourth year to try to put an arrow in one ,unsuccessfully so far

Dude, you gotta stop drag-n up these 15+ year old threads!

Some of these folk don't even hang here anymore.

Comment

Sorry didn't realize the dates

Comment

Originally posted by Blessed to hunt View Post
                    Sorry didn't realize the dates
                    its all good. We've all done it.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                      its all good. We've all done it.

2x. Yes, I'm guilty too.

The last time Too Master (the OP) signed on was in March of 2007.
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 04-03-2022, 11:22 AM.

Comment

StephenosborneO please call John 817-448-4392 tried to message you but couldn't

Comment

Almost all the lbj has hogs on it. Cottonwood lake has a bunch.

Comment

I wish I could find some I found a spot that's been tore up real good at two different units I've been taking turns watching them in the daytime so far haven't seen any hogs, did see a couple deer

Comment

Working...
                            X