Laguna Atascosa NWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laguna Atascosa NWR

Anyone have or heard anythign about the 2007 hunts at Laguna yet? Our Aransas group is diverting to Laguna this year. When can you apply?

I think its around august. I would have to check but I went to one last year and they had the same application dates.

Comment

Tom-tom are you giving up on ANWR?

Revised June 7, 2007
      Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge
      Public Hunt Information i 2007-2008

General Information
      • $50.00 hunt fee for each hunt type.
      • The application period for all hunts is only during the month of August 2007 (August 1-31, 2007).
      • The “scouting period” is November 10-18, 2007.
      • Hunters must be at least 12 years of age by the hunt date. Hunters that are 12-17 years of age must hunt under the
      direct supervision of an adult 21 years of age or older.

Refuge Hunts

Archery Hunt No. 1
      General: Eight consecutive days, 600 total permits (issued on a first-come, first-served basis).
      Dates: December 1 through December 8, 2007.
      Bag Limit: two white-tailed deer, no more than one antlered buck, unlimited feral hogs and nilgai antelope.
      Legal Weapons: Bow & arrow only, as defined by Texas state hunting regulations for the Archery-Only open season.
      Application: You may submit only one application for this hunt; submit the $50.00 hunt fee with your application.

Note: no permit will be issued if a mailed application is not postmarked during the month of August 2007 or if all 600 permits have already been issued.

Archery Hunt No. 2
      General: Four consecutive days, 200 total permits (issued on a first-come, first-served basis).
      Dates: January 10 through January 13, 2008
      Bag Limit: two white-tailed deer, no more than one antlered buck, unlimited feral hogs and nilgai antelope.

Laguna Atascosa NWR (22817 Ocelot Road, Los Fresnos, TX 78566 or Fax
      956-748-3609). You may only apply during the month of August 2007. Applications received before or after August 2007 will be voided.

For Additional Information Contact:
      Refuge Manager
      Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge
      22817 Ocelot Road
      Los Fresnos, TX 78566
      (956) 748-3607 (office) - (956) 748-3609 (Fax)
      FW2_RW_Laguna@fws.gov (E-mail)
      Last edited by Thumper; 06-18-2007, 08:42 PM.

Comment

After 34 years going to Aransas, yes we may stay home that 1st week of Archery season, and start a new tradition at Laguna..... that 1st week up here in N.E.TX is our best chance to get those big boys while they are still together and in their late summer mode..... we'll see and let you know. thanks for the info....

Comment

I will probably be hunting there this year for the first time. The only thing I really don't like is that you have to carry out whatever you kill which is the reason I have never applied in the past. I heard there was also a later rifle hunt is this correct? Have any of you guys ever hunted the Santana Wildlife refuge down here?

Comment

Where's the Santana nwr located? What can you hunt there?

Comment

Originally posted by blue goose View Post
              Where's the Santana nwr located? What can you hunt there?
              I think it's actually Santa Ana.

Santa Ana NWR

Comment

Anybody from San Antonio area going to hunt the LANWR year?

Comment

Get your permits in starting tomorrow!

Comment

I drove to the refuge this morning and got three permits for myself,dad and a friend. We were numbers 63,64, and 65. This was at 9:30am. There were chingos of people there abut eight others and more walking in as I was walking out. Get them while there hot or they'll be all gone.

Comment

Get your permits. Now. Going like hot cakes. El muy grande is lurking in the shadows.

Comment

I will probably go tomorrow to get mine, hopefully they still have some left!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X