BullMastiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BullMastiff

Looking for a good dog that my fiance can walk with for exercise everyday that will protect her, but also be good in a apartment. I've read good things about Bullmastiffs fitting this description. Anyone have any experience with them? Any good breeders?

That’s a big breed for an apartment IMO.

Comment

Miniature schnauzer. My wife had the meanest freakin schnauzer. That dog would attack anyone and anything!

Comment

Bull mastiff

One of the best dogs you could ever own. We have owned two. Even though they are large dogs they don't need much room to roam. Both of the ones we owned were house dogs.

Comment

We've had a bull mastiff for 7 yrs. I think she'd fit that bill. The taking out would be key for an apartment.

Comment

A lot of apartments have restrictions on the size of dogs allowed. Other than that, I don't know much about bull mastiffs. My daughter had one and he was great with the youngest of kids. He was very protective and territorial, but he would dream of hurting a family member. They got rid of him because he was a bit too territorial. He killed everything that came into the yard - including other dogs.

Comment

Bull mastiff

Hagen's bull mastiffs in San Antonio

Comment

I have an english/itallian mix. I read they are not good dogs to exercise walk run with. Moderate walking sure. But going for jogs not so much. He has burst of energy, but then you can tell he is gasssed. After all he is over 100lbs at 7 months old so what can you expect.

He is a beast. Slobbers non stop and sheds pretty bad. But we got him for a guard dog outside. He is AWESOME at that! People are too intimidated to even start to walk down our long drive, and the neighbors also. His bark is furocious. Plus he is beyond good with my kids that are crazy with him. They wrestle with him drag him around and lay on him. He is just a gentle giant.

Besides his non stop chewing that i am having a very hard time breaking, he is a really good dog.

This picture he was 5 months old.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would start with your lease. Most apartment communities have weight/breed restrictions. It would suck to get your head set on something to only find it was a no go.

Comment

How bad do they drool?

Comment

Mastiff seems kind of big for an apartment. Heelers are very protective.

Comment

Bull mastiff

The two females I had didn't drool that bad. Only really when they drank water. I had them trained to bring me their towels so I could wipe their mouths. Gentle giants and very protective of their families.

Comment

Originally posted by Tboned View Post
                          The two females I had didn't drool that bad. Only really when they drank water. I had them trained to bring me their towels so I could wipe their mouths. Gentle giants and very protective of their families.
                          Awesome, just have a boxer which you know has the saggy mouth like them. Anytime she drinks water, treat, or eats its looks like a waterfall.

Comment

Just throwing this out there but my first Lacy was my wifes house pet thus she bonded with her and NO ONE could get between the two unless my wife told him to settle down. They are very protective if trained that way.

Comment

I guess im exaggerating on the drool a little. Im just used to dogs that do not drool at all. Like tboned said, its mostly just after he drinks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X