X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 150class View Post
    Chest and tris in the morning

I go to bed excited thinking about it lol
    I get the same way sometimes and I end up not being able to fall asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
      I've found the majority of home machines are not near as good as gym machines plus, they eventually end up as clothes holders.

I would do db bench and shoulders before tricep isolation exercises. Also look in to push-pull routines. Chest - push/Back - pull, Legs and Shoulders/arms. Also, what are your lifting goals? Stronger, faster, jacked and tan or to feel better?
      I'm still learning. Not even sure of the proper names of most of the exercises.

Just burning calories right now. I need to lose 40 lbs.

But eventuall6 I want a late 40s bad arse bod thats not much different than my early 20s Marine corps bod (not asking for much huh?)

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        I'm still learning. Not even sure of the proper names of most of the exercises.

Just burning calories right now. I need to lose 40 lbs.

But eventuall6 I want a late 40s ****** bod thats not much different than my early 20s Marine corps bod (not asking for much huh?)
        Nothing more than what most of us want.

As you know, getting abs is all from the kitchen. The gym is the easy work. As far as strength vs size/tone/jacked and tan will all be in your programming. Whenever your ready for a simple to follow program, just say the word, and I'm sure several of us on here can help ya out.

Here is a good place to start. Some free programs.

Also look up Brian Alsruhe on the YouTubes. He has some good programming for strength.
        Mark Bell has a Jacked and Tan workout for upper body days that, will get ya going.
        Last edited by icetrauma; 01-26-2018, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Thank you. Greatly appreciate the support.

Comment

Thank you. Greatly appreciate the support.
            Anytime, Brian Alsruhe uses giant sets. Example:

BB row/Bench Press/Abs all done back to back to back fashion. It really gets the ole ticker pumping, sweat flowing and muscles working.

Utilizing super sets and giant sets are a great way to up the intensity and speed up a workout. Especially, if you have limited time in the gym.

Comment

Absolutely loving these drop sets to finish off each exercise with

Anyone else in the gym?

Comment

Anyone else in the gym?
                Cardio day for me. Starting with intervals on the Elliptical.

Comment

What's a drop set?

I will go later this evening for cardio and legs

Comment

Lost track of time and spent 3.5 hours there lol

Barbell Bench
                    Smith incline
                    Smith decline

All were 15-12-10-6-4 (or that was the goal at least) and drop sets From the 10-20 range.

Dumbbell Bench with straight legs for abs 4x12
                    Incline Db flys 12-12-10-10-15-15 with increasing weight until the drop sets
                    Close grip Incline DB Press 4x10
                    Cable flys both high and low 4x12
                    Mch Incline Press 4x12
                    Mch Flys 4x12

Tri’s were super setted with the above just can’t remember which and reps of 12 or 15

DB overhead ext
                    DB kickbacks
                    Cable downward ext
                    Cable outward ext
                    Cable overhead ext
                    Cable single arm ext
                    Cable reverse grip ext
                    Dips
                    Mch asst dips
                    Mch tri ext
                    Mch tri dips

1 mile run at 7:25

Circuit of abs all 3x15
                    Last edited by 150class; 01-27-2018, 11:26 AM.

Comment

What's a drop set?

I will go later this evening for cardio and legs
                      I hope I’m using the correct term.
                      Basically what I’m doing is I go through my standard 4x10 set weight or half pyramid with increasing weight.
                      Example for Bench today: 15 reps at 135, 12 reps at 155, 10 reps at 185, 6 at 205, peaked at 225 for 3 reps. Then drop the weight and do a high rep count so I dropped back to 185 for 10 reps and then dropped again back to 135 for 15 reps.

I’m getting a huge extra pump compared to before and really feeling the muscles hurting lol
                      Last edited by 150class; 01-27-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

That sounds painful but effective!!

Comment

That sounds painful but effective!!
                          Very.

I know there’s a thousand ways to skin a cat but so far I’ve noticed this has made a huge difference in soreness and pump compared to before.

I think that’s the sayin I was looking for anyways lol

Comment

I still can't do biceps (pain/tendonitis a elbow joint) but will try this method on other muscles

Comment

Anyone else in the gym?
                              I will start the heavy lifting/lower rep portion of my current program in about a month. Last time I did it and incorporated a drop set into them. Great results so I will be doing it again.

Comment

I still can't do biceps (pain/tendonitis a elbow joint) but will try this method on other muscles
                                I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Ive had tendonitis in my outer elbow region twice, the first time it took about 8-9 months to go away. Most recently it started bothering me mid summer last year and is just now not hurting. I can still feel it but it isnt pain if that makes sense. Just avoid doing the things that seem to make it hurt or aggravate it. I had to give up golf around the beginning of August and stopped doing certain exercises in the gym. I have just started back with those exercises and playing a little golf here and there, so far so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X