Question For The Army Folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this on IG. IIRC, isn’t the patch worn on the right arm for the first unit you go to combat with? What circumstances would warrant a USMC patch on an Army uniform?

Click image for larger version

Name:	17481963-6192-405F-AA86-97125AD2EC34.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	25158036

He could deploy with a marine unit depending his mos or he could be a prior service that Made the switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Whatsnext View Post
      He could deploy with a marine unit depending his mos or he could be a prior service that Made the switch

If your that concerned refer to AR 670-1

Comment

If your that concerned refer to AR 670-1

Not concerned, just curious. Hadn’t seen that before.

Comment

Wasn’t trying to come off rude the army reg for uniforms is AR-670-1 it’s the end all tell all that I know my old mos was referred by other mos’ all the time cause we didn’t care what we looked like lol

Comment

I served 5 years in the Marine corps then did 5 in the Army. I couldn’t wear my Marine division patch that I deployed with on my Army uniform but during my time in the Army I deployed attached to a Marine unit so by that deployment I was able to wear the Marine patch. Honestly most Marines that go to the Army just wear it anyway.
            That’s a task force patch anyway so he may have been on a Marine base or in a medical team or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Quanah11 View Post
              I served 5 years in the Marine corps then did 5 in the Army. I couldn’t wear my Marine division patch that I deployed with on my Army uniform but during my time in the Army I deployed attached to a Marine unit so by that deployment I was able to wear the Marine patch. Honestly most Marines that go to the Army just wear it anyway.
              That’s a task force patch anyway so he may have been on a Marine base or in a medical team or something like that.
              Yea, it looks like a II MEF. Can’t make out what it it says directly under the EGA.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                Yea, it looks like a II MEF. Can’t make out what it it says directly under the EGA.
                That’s what I thought it said, who knows man

Comment

They were attached to a marine unit, there are a few marine patch's the army allowed us to wear

Comment

I had a Company Commander when I was an XO that had a 1st Marine Div patch as a combat patch. He had been an enlisted Marine in Vietnam. He had a couple of tours in the sand box before he retired as a Colonel about fifteen years ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X