No announcement yet.

Do you know ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a good friend that gave up hunting because her husband didn't want to hunt any more, he just got lazy and didn't want to work for a harvest. Took up mountain biking instead.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      I used to work with a guy that did not grow up hunting but was interested and always asked me about getting into it. I helped him buy a shotgun and took him to shoot clays 5-6 times and he really loved it. Then I took him dove hunting for the first time. When he got home with a bag of birds his wife flipped out - started crying and everything. (She was vegan and a closet PETA supporter) He sold his shotgun to a neighbor and never brought up hunting again.
      I feel bad for the guy... I do... but that story makes me chuckle. I can just see it now. I don't know why... but it's just funny.

poor guy

Originally posted by Sika View Post
      *itches are dumb.
      LOL!!

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
      I think there should be a balance.

I know a few guys that ended up divorced over hunting/fishing. Not because the wife initially said no. It was because they allowed their hobbies to completely consume them and they neglected family and other responsibilities because of it.
      I was reading this thread looking for THIS post. This pretty much sums it up. I started hunting after we were married and had kids. Before that it was road racing.. before that it was something else...

The thing is, it has to be a balance. If you are married to a woman that hunts and grew up the same way... then perfect. Just keep in mind that life still has a way of changing (kids, jobs, etc.) and things can get out of balance again real quick.

I changed leases for a few reasons this year and one of them was to make sure I was closer to home, to make sure the family could be involved with it more, etc. I do like to hunt... but I am not going to sacrifice my marriage (now that I made that vow) because I refused to compromise. Definitely shake it out while you are dating!!! Now for some of these situations where neither side is compromising after the fact.... I don't know, sounds rough.

Comment

lets see... september thru march, i do what i want when i want. March-september im planning on doing what i want when the seasons arrive.Girls?? the cities are full of them, the ones from the countryside are the only ones that seem to have a clue.The others are always getting in the way of something, the secure independant ones are the only way to go!they are just pretty rare these days.

Comment

There has to be a balance. On that note if I’m home for to long my wife
          Asks if it’s about time I went hunting or fishing.

Comment

Got along hunting and fishing long before you came, will get along just fine hunting and fishing when you’re gone... for me the balance is making sure I get enough fishing and hunt prep and planning in so that I’m ready to hit the ground running come September 1st through middle of March. 2 things in my life that will never take a back seat to anything.

Comment

I never knew anyone who quit hunting because of their wife but know lots of guys who quit their wives so that they could hunt. I guess that things were different back then...
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

.. that sounds backwards, aren't you supposed to hunt more because of your wife complaining and rolling her eyes?

Comment

My wife doesnt like hunting all that much but doesnt give me very much grief about it. She loves salt water fishing so I am looking for a boat at the moment.

Comment

Buddy I’d be getting a divorce. Life’s to short to be miserable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a buddy that spends every free second he has hunting or fishing. There is no possible way to be around him and not know that. He dated his wife for 2 years before they got married, and sure enough, about 7 months in, she told him that she couldn't handle him doing that and he needed to get a new hobby.

She's obviously gone. I don't think he hesitated 20 seconds.

Comment

I love that my wife goes with me, she doesn’t hunt but she will go set for hours with me in the stand. When she doesn’t go set she watches movies or rest from a hard work week. When she doesn’t go with me I wish she was there. She also cooks for me too! ❤️

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                          I have a good friend that gave up hunting because her husband didn't want to hunt any more, he just got lazy and didn't want to work for a harvest. Took up mountain biking instead.
                          Is she pretty or does her family own a ranch?? Asking for a friend. She sounds like someone that might be in need of a new husband

Comment

Originally posted by tonyterry View Post
                            I love that my wife goes with me, she doesn’t hunt but she will go set for hours with me in the stand. When she doesn’t go set she watches movies or rest from a hard work week. When she doesn’t go with me I wish she was there. She also cooks for me too! ❤️

You are blessed.

Comment

My best friend from high school. We fished and hunted together for years. He married a liberal moved to Austin. Now he voted for Obama and Hillary.

Comment

Anyone who quits because of their wife never loved it to begin with

Comment

Working...
                                X