This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    Nah, it's been tossed around a lot since Jimbo took over. Jimbo has been pressing for commits since he got onboard and understandably so. Heck, I didn't even know the kid had committed until I saw your post.

Like I said, all Texas needs to do is WIN. The rest will take care of itself over time as it always does. Honestly, I don't post on fanboy sites. Just here.
    I'd have to google what Fauxmentum means, but I assume "fake momentum" or something. IDK I mean he signed like 8-9 on signing day, and has 10 commits, IDK if that's fake

Comment

It's sarcasm, don't over think it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Pretty solid spring game attendance for these two: Oklahoma had 52,102 for the spring game. A&M had 48,129.

Looking wet this weekend on the forty.

Comment

Texas fans have been sucking like the team the last few years. Gonna take some winning seasons to get that type of attendance for the spring game.

Comment

Pretty solid spring game attendance for these two: Oklahoma had 52,102 for the spring game. A&M had 48,129.

Looking wet this weekend on the forty.

That was also with 20 mph winds and 40° temps in Norman.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              That was also with 20 mph winds and 40° temps in Norman.

It's always under 20k on the forty.

Comment

It's always under 20k on the forty.

Wow!

Comment

Now it is. Losing football.

There were huge crowds back in the Mack and VY days.

Comment

oktx's Official CFB Thread - Spring Season

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    Now it is. Losing football.

There were huge crowds back in the Mack and VY days.

A few here and there. We always had good intentions and then 6th street would happen. Too much cool stuff to do in Austin!

Last edited by Chad C; 04-18-2018, 12:07 PM.

Comment

A few here and there. We always had good intentions and the 6th street would happen. Too much cool stuff to do in Austin!

I never buy into that. Nothing is "cooler" than Texas football.

Taggert has the FSU fans fired up. 53,000
                      Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 04-18-2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

oktx's Official CFB Thread - Spring Season

Texas had close to 50k back in 2013, it's normally less.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          Feel free to start it and take ownership... If it gets whacked we'll hold you personally responsible.
                          Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          I'll wait.
                          Looks like your wait is over

Comment

We talkin bout PRACTICE....

Who gives a ****?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              We talkin bout PRACTICE....

Who gives a ****?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Glorified Practice, Boss.

Comment

IMO, Texas football PRACTICE is more important than any pro sport. LOL.

FWIW.........

Fox Sports college football analyst Joel Klatt recently visited Texas for an in-depth look at spring practice. His reaction? This was not the same Texas team that limped to 7-6 in Tom Herman’s first season.
                                Klatt also scouted Texas before last season, and the biggest changes come in developing talent. He discussed Texas’ impressive growth this winter on The Audible podcast with Bruce Feldman and Stewart Mandel.
                                “What jumped out to me, I was down there last spring and there were just a couple of guys that were, ‘they’re clearly really good players.’ Connor Williams was one of them. Malik Jefferson was one of them. Then there were just a lot of question marks. The wide receivers looked good, but hadn’t really proven anything. Then this year, when I went down and I’m standing there with coach (Tom) Herman, it hits me like a ton of bricks. It’s like, ‘this team looks drastically different.’ From size, speed potential, athleticism, it looks drastically different than it did a year ago at this time. He and I had that conversation. He said that there was no question that they are light years ahead of where they were a year ago. I really believe — pending the health of their quarterback who I believe is going to be Sam Ehlinger and should be Sam Ehlinger — that’s a really good football team. I could see them, and I could see them competing for the Big 12 Championship this year, his second year. Listen, it all has to do with health and clearly that team in week three, it’s as a big one against USC in terms of the momentum and so on and so forth, but this is a really good football team. They kept all of their assistant coaches. They paid them a lot of money, including Todd Orlando. I think they could legitimately take the next step. I came out of there very bullish on Texas.”
                                There is a lot to unpack within Klatt’s analysis. Most importantly, the expectation that Texas should compete for a Big 12 title if health and luck are on the side of the Longhorns. Texas won its first bowl game since Mack Brown’s 2012 season under Hermann. His 7-6 record was also a program best since the Brown era. Texas has not won a Big 12 title since 2009.
                                At quarterback, Klatt vouched for Ehlinger as the should-be starter. Ehlinger threw for 1,915 yards, 11 touchdowns and seven interceptions in nine games as a true freshman. He signed with Texas last year as a 247Sports Composite four-star quarterback and the No. 4 dual-threat passer in the country.
                                Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 04-18-2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X