No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just cut out sweets and cut back on eating ... Down 20 pounds in 5 weeks , but I cheat some on wknds

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
      Dang I need a plateau buster Started tracking with MFP this week and for one, it opened my eyes to the fact I was eating way too much before. Still, I've had a nice calorie deficit every day and my macros for the week so far are 72% fat, 21% protein. Been in ketosis solid but the scale has read exact same weight the last 4 mornings in a row right out of bed.

I’d try fasting or gorging on regular food. Anything to shock your metabolism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snacks View Post
        I have started a much heavier lifting program in preparation for power lifting comps and it is really taxing. I was really dumb on Monday and only ate one meal before a heavy deadlift day and almost passed out.
        So, yesterday I tried eating 30G or so of carbs a couple hours before my lift and I feel like it helped substantially. I was a bit worried it would knock me out of ketosis, but I checked this morning and I was still in at 20-30mg/DL.
        Good luck on your meet!

Comment

Drink lots of water

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
            Fat bombs!! My wife tried a few recipes out of her cookbook and OMG these things are good. Just like eating candy after having zero sugar for 13 days. Give them a try. You won’t be disappointed!!

Wife made some Creamsicle Fat Bombs yesterday. It was, essentially, the first really sweet tasting thing we've had in three weeks! It was great!

My wife pan seared some trout last night. I had saved a baggie of crawfish tails from my rig cook on Tuesday, so I used some to make a Pontchartrain sauce for the fish for extra fat. It was so good I almost felt guilty eating it!
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Wife made some Creamsicle Fat Bombs yesterday. It was, essentially, the first really sweet tasting thing we've had in three weeks! It was great!

My wife pan seared some trout last night. I had saved a baggie of crawfish tails from my rig cook on Tuesday, so I used some to make a Pontchartrain sauce for the fish for extra fat. It was so good I almost felt guilty eating it!
              How are y’all doing on Keto?

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                How are y’all doing on Keto?
                It's going great. We've both lost about 11 or 12 lbs. Weight loss has slowed a bit, but I'm at my initial weight target and only want to drop another 6-8 lbs to get to my revised goal. I'll probably start playing around with the macros at that point to see how it affects me.

I think Keto is more sustainable than I had originally figured, but I still may switch to a more paleo/clean eating program after a couple of months.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

It's going great. We've both lost about 11 or 12 lbs. Weight loss has slowed a bit, but I'm at my initial weight target and only want to drop another 6-8 lbs to get to my revised goal. I'll probably start playing around with the macros at that point to see how it affects me.

I think Keto is more sustainable than I had originally figured, but I still may switch to a more paleo/clean eating program after a couple of months.

Good news for sure and keep it up! It’s a lot easier once you get the hang of it.

Comment

I understand the feeling guilty aspect. Keto could solve obesity in America if people would try it!! [emoji23]

Comment

Well, I just hit the 4 week mark on the Keto diet. The scale this morning showed I am down 30 lbs. since I started. I have found this diet (lifestyle), relatively easy. Now, don't get me wrong, the temptations such as when we go out because we are always out watching our kids compete or on Fridays during lent. But since I started this diet, I have felt so, so much better. I know the pounds will start to come off slower than it did this first month, but I couldn't be more excited about continuing this and seeing where it takes me.

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post
                        Well, I just hit the 4 week mark on the Keto diet. The scale this morning showed I am down 30 lbs. since I started. I have found this diet (lifestyle), relatively easy. Now, don't get me wrong, the temptations such as when we go out because we are always out watching our kids compete or on Fridays during lent. But since I started this diet, I have felt so, so much better. I know the pounds will start to come off slower than it did this first month, but I couldn't be more excited about continuing this and seeing where it takes me.

Incredible!!! Was that with or without exercise??

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                          Incredible!!! Was that with or without exercise??

Right now it has been without exercise. I am about to kick start that aspect of it soon though. I just wanted to start the diet without exercise first. My biggest issue to this point has been not getting close to my counts.

I am supposed to...

2485 calories
                          Carbs - 31g
                          Protein - 154g
                          Fat - 194g

I drink my Bullet Proof Coffee in the morning, and then don't eat until supper. I do this because I really am not hungry. Because of this, when I check my ketosis status, it is not strong. But since the weight has been coming off, I really haven't worried about it to this point. I am sure, soon, I will need to start making sure my macros are where they need to be.

Comment

I haven’t been getting close to my macros either. I’ll step on a scale next Mon at my 4 week mark.

Comment

Well, I tried the body shock approach to plateau busting on Saturday. Don’t know if it worked because I’m not touching a scale until my physical this Friday. Rucked 5.35 yesterday with 50lbs and my hands looked like cartoon balloon hands or something. (Saturday Italian meal)
                              Anyway, wife has now joined me on the diet so I expect great things. She will research recipes and cook up all kinds of new dishes[emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                                Well, I tried the body shock approach to plateau busting on Saturday. Don’t know if it worked because I’m not touching a scale until my physical this Friday. Rucked 5.35 yesterday with 50lbs and my hands looked like cartoon balloon hands or something. (Saturday Italian meal)
                                Anyway, wife has now joined me on the diet so I expect great things. She will research recipes and cook up all kinds of new dishes[emoji6]

Keto Burrito
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X